It could never work.

He knew too well that dating Sach could never work. He'd never been one to get attached or to love. He may have been caring and Kind, but never easily attached to someone. When he was a child, he'd always move from friendship group to friendship group, despite everyone liking him. He'd just disappear one day. He always moved schools when he ran out of people to go to, and eventually he ended up being homeschooled in comprehensive. Luckily he passed all the GCSE's and A levels he took, and he could easily get a good job now. However, he much prefers sitting at home, waiting for his roommate to provide him with food and some company, and letting his awful thoughts fill his mind. Perhaps not awful in the sense that they are harmful to him, but more that they are harmful to others. He'd easily hurt Sach, just like he'd hurt Thala. And even then, they were hardly together. It was a one way relationship.

    He is woken up from his thoughts by Sach. He's shaking his shoulders. "Espen?" He calls, used to this situation. For once, Espen smiles, and he smiles with genuine joy.
"Oh, Sach! I just had a terrible idea!" He chuckles, turning and walking. Sach rolls his eyes, following.
  "And what's that idea, Es?" He smiles, glad to see the other so joyful.
"Oh, you wouldn't like it."
"Try me!" Sach laughs, catching up to the other and walking beside him
"Imagine us-" he looks at him, grinning.
"I'm imagining." He nods.
  "Dating." He makes a gesture with his hands as if a sign were there. Sach is a little confused for a moment, thinking about it.
   "Dating?" His voice sounded scared yet a little curious. "You mean like, being boyfriends?" He chuckles. "But I thought you-"
"Hey, I'm open to try new things!" He crosses his arms. "And that includes dating men." He laughs. "Anyway it was a silly idea, I don't mean to be asking you out or whatever you guys call it." He shrugs, going quiet again.

   For the rest of their walk, Sach thinks about the conversation in silence, and Espen doesn't mind, since he's generally a quiet person. When they get home, Espen goes to his study and Sach cleans the house a little. "Dating... Geez," He rubs his eyes. "Why'd he even come up with that idea?" He makes himself a glass of water, sipping it.
  He sits for a while, scrolling through tumblr on his phone, before realizing its almost 9pm. "Ah, dinner!" He gets up quickly, looking at what they have that he can cook. He figures he should cook something for Espen too. "Pasta, soup, eggs, bacon. What a great choice. Bacon and eggs it is." He gets them out, placing the frying pan on the hob.
   Just before he is finished cooking, Espen arrives. "I smelt bacon." He grabs some plates and cutlery for them.
   "Yeah, I made us dinner." he chuckles, dishing up Espen's portion. They sit at the table and eat, and chat about Sach's school, Espen's project and several other things.

    All is fair in love.