04

Once I was granted the permission to cross my neighbour's land, I went to meet with the alpha. Alpha Chad, he is one of the respected alphas. He has built his pack from crutch and made it lot stronger than expected. We've been neighbours after he extended his lands to the one next mine. It's in the protocol to see the Alpha before seeing anyone else from his pack. Once I was in his house his wife Alerna greeted me with her forth pregnancy.

"Good to see you again Logan. Come in he's waiting for you in his office."

"Good to see you too Alerna. How are you doing."

I asked her while walking to her husband's office.

"Good thanks. I'll bring you something to drink. "

When she left to the kitchen I opened the door after knocking.

"Long time didn't see you my friend."

Chad said after we shook hands.

"You know how life is."

"So, what brought you here. You seemed quite persisted." He smirked as if he guessed what's in my mind.

"I want to meet with Zeen." I quickly retorted.

"Can I know the reasons for such sudden visit?"

I debated whether I should tell him about my mate being human or not.

"For personal reasons." I only said with a friendly smile.

He looked at me before he smirks

"Personal?...I see. That's fine then, but dinner is with me"

"Thanks Chad, I will see at dinner time then."

After leaving his house I went straight to Zeen's little house with Dean who was waiting outside in the car.

I knocked at her door and waited for three seconds before I hear her voice coming from the other side of the door.

"Coming." Once she opened the door. Her face changed to a big smiling one. "Logan!"

"Hey Zeen."

I hugged her tightly. While she laughed at my uneasiness.

"Still tough." She said teasingly.

"You must know why I'm here."

"I know...I know" She said with a sad tone. "Come sit, I'll be right back."

I sat in her small living room waiting for her to bring something to eat I'm sure.

"Your famous cookies." I took one and ate it enjoying the sweet taste.

"Tell me now, what happened"

She softly asked , though I'm sure she knows everything but she needed to know how I felt about it.

"I met her when she was 2 years younger, and I knew the second I saw her she's human. Right now I just can't figure out why she's human. My pack started getting the doubt of me being cursed. I am challenged for my position. I want to know why she's human."

Her expressions went from hard to soft and back to serious, once I finished she nodded her head telling me to put my hands in hers. I felt hesitation but I needed to know.

Once my hands were in hers. She closed her eyes and her head started moving undelibrately from left to right as if she's being hit so hard. I watched her nervously waiting for her to say anything. Suddenly she opened her eyes and they were completely white and that's when she spoke.

"She's... She's under a spell. . Very strong one. She can't seem to know her reality.... She's under a spell to keep her human. She'll be a Luna... no more a human... patience... patience And love." Seconds after she finished talking her eyes were back to their normal brown color.

"What did you mean she is no more a human?"

"That my dear Logan is up to you to figure out. Some things better kept secret until it's time. You my friend have to learn about love and patience. Maybe you're not cursed but Moon Goddess set you for a test to teach you Love and patience."

I was silent trying to grasp everything she said. But there is one question that didn't stop popping up in my head.

"How can I break the spell?"

She thought for a second before she smiles.

"Remember one thing, she's born to be a Luna. She won't hate her reality though how much it seems unreal and cruel."

"Thanks Zeen" though I felt I had so many questions to ask and so many things to know, I knew she won't tell me more.

"Come and visit again, maybe you can bring her along." She said placing her hand on my shoulder.

After saying goodbye I went to the car and sat with all the thoughts inside my head going wild. Who dares to put a spell on my mate and why? Why did it look like Zeen is hiding something? Why do I have to be put through a test?

"Logan... are you alright." Dean asked in concern.

"No Dean. I'm not. Chad is expecting us for dinner. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New characters

Crescent Pack's Alpha: Chad

Alpha's wife: Alerna.