Chapter 23: Violated

-violet

The next morning, somebody reported about a death in our cell to the guards when they saw candace's body. The way they took her out, just groping her arms as if she was ragdoll, it made my heart drown in pain.

No matter how much I stopped everything from reaching Lizzie, she found out about it when the commotion was caused in the morning. Seeing her break down was harder than I thought it would be, with so much pressure on that little mind which wasn't even fully developed yet. I was afraid she'd break from all this chaos, this sick, and mad world.

I had to be there for her now, no matter what may come.

"Rise and shine, you filthy creatures!" A guard woke us up, his voice mocking excitement. It had been a day since Candace had died, and there were now only three days left for Harry's supposed death. Something had to be done before Salvatore found out that Harry wasn't dying. For now.

Death. Dying.

I had grown to hate these words. Just the thought of them made all those horrid memories come flooding back into my system. My life had become badly associated to these words, and I hated it. I hated this feeling of being under the fear of loosing yet another person I cared about.

Well, right now, the only ones were Lizzie, Louis and Harry. I had three strikes.

The ache in my chest from yesterday was still present, but I chose to ignore it.

"Come on Vi. You gotta eat it," Louis pushed a spoon to my face. It's content was something that had the most gruesome smell ever. It was yellow in colour, slimy in nature, and had the stink of a dead corpse. I hadn't eaten since I had got here, the horrible food which was provided being the main reason.

"What is this muck?" I scrunched my nose.

"Its corn..mixed with something..I don't know. It'll give you some energy. Come on," he tried to pry my mouth open but I pushed his hand away.

"What the hell violet? You're not going to stay alive if you don't eat this," he said.

"Does it even matter anymore Louis?" In threw my hands up in frustration. "Being isolated from my real identity, its killing me on the inside! I am a human being and this is my land. I want to be free! I want to be free!"

"Violet don't-"