~•Nothing But A Riddle•~

One long ago, there was a village chief be and his wife had three children together, the eldest, Rizu (warrior), the second eldest, Contista (storyteller), and the youngest, Maysari (Riddle). The children of the chief were supposed to have something special they could do, that is why they have there names, the eldest and only son, Rizu is an amazing wariorr he fought in many wars beside his people and protected them with his life, the second eldest daughter, Contista is a storyteller and weaves beautiful and mystical tales for many to hear, and many love the storys, but then there is Maysari, she is the youngest female but has no talent unlike her siblings. Maysari had nothing special in there eyes, but they still loved the kind and happy girl.

One daywhen Maysari was walking along the dirt road, something she has done for a while,and admiring the view that her village had.when suddenly one of the elder women was yelling that there was a dragon coming to the village, they saw smoke and fire traveling fast across the landscape and a dragon flying high across the horizon breathing fire, and with its breath, started burning the village as well.The people quickly fled taking the things they needed along the way. Rizu told the villagers to walk to the next village over and warn them and take refuge there, while this was happening Contista was telling stories to keep the children calm, which it did, Maysari was at the back and remembered that there was a way to defeat dragons. dragons were sly and greedy creatures that loved to riddle others, and it was said that if you told a riddle to a dragon, and they did not guess correct or just gave up they would lose there powers and would have to give the riddler three wishes before its magic fully disappeared.

As Maysari thought this, she snuck away from the trail of people and went to her home, when the fire died down, and got a blanket, some bread and went to a mountain, as she thought of a riddle for the dragon to buy some time for her village she was silent.

Hours passed and the dragon had yet to come, and just as she was falling asleep she heard the sound of giant wings through the air and landing in front of her. The dragon spoke in a mighty voice and asked "human girl why are you here in my territory!" The twelve year old girl replied with a solid voice "I am Maysari, daughter of the chief of this village, and I have a riddle for you"

The dragon was amused by this girl and Maysari could clearly see that. The dragon then continued and said in a teasing manner "alright then human go forth and tell me your riddle" and that is what Maysari did, she replied with a strong voice.

"When you know me, I am nothing,
When you don't know me I am something,
What am I?"

The dragon sat there, pondering on what it could the girl ment by that. Hours have passed, and the dragon had yet to say anything, pacing around, mumbling little bits of the poem over and over, soon it became night and still no answer. The dragon got frustrated and flew off before Maysari got an answer, so there she waited, on top of the highest mountain, many days had passed, and no sign of the dragon, but then she heard the dragon once more. The dragon spoke in defeat "child Maysari, daughter of this villages cheif, you have defeated me at my own game with your riddle, so now its time to tell what the answer is"
Maysari stood up with her new found excitement and said one simple word

"me"

The dragon looked down at her with eyes full of confusion and curiosity. then she continued,
"The answer is riddle, so the answer is me, I am the answer, I am the riddle, when you do know who I am I am nothing, but when you don't know me I am something" the dragon was thoroughly impressed by this girl. Then replied "you have out riddles me child Maysari, now you can have your three wishes" the girl said to the dragon in a sweet tone, " please my first wish is that you repair my village to its former glory," after the dragon did just that and used the wish magic to repair the burnt down village, and fixing the broken inside of the homes "next can you please not wreak havoc on any more villages and leave ours" the dragon nodded to indicate that it will do just that after the third wish had been granted "and finaly, may I be respected by my village and be someone and not just a riddle or a mystery" afte Maysari said, but to that  the dragon just laughed softly, Maysari looked at the dragon confused on why it laughed, the dragon then replied with "dear child you don't need to wish that, after this you will be someone, and in the dragons world you would not only be called Maysari, but

Doragonzu no nazo, riddle of the dragons. And with that the dragon flew off, Maysari or 'Doragonzu no nazo' went back to her village, and the people returned, stunned to see Maysari there.
And from then on she was called Doragonzu no nazo, and her story was told.

of a girl who was a riddle to come back as a hero.