Chapter 4

"I really like him mommy" Noah exclaims skipping down the doctors hallway to the reception desk. "Really? Why?" I ask curiously. "He likes superheroes" he replies matter-o-factly. "He has magic pants too!" Noah exclaims. "Wh-what?" I stutter. "His pants they're magic" he repeats. "What do you mean?" I ask a little scared of the answer. "His pants are magic! They grew by themselves!" He explains. I stop him in his tracks and kneel down to his level. "Noah what do you mean?" I ask. "His pants. They grew" He repeats yet again. "I know that Noah but when did they grow?" I ask. "When he saw you. When he saw you his pants grew" he explains. What did he just say? Did I hear that correctly? Noah's three years old, he probably imagined it. Right?

"Can we go to McDonalds?" Noah ask changing the topic. "Sure" I reply paying the receptionist.

"You believe me right?" Noah asks when we're in the car. "Believe what?" I ask. "That Dalton's pants are magic" he informs me yet again. It's definitely not his pants that are magic. Did I seriously think that? "Sure I do Noah" I lie. He smiles pleased at his work and goes back to his ruthless superhero battle.

Wow. How many moms can say their three year old talked about a mans "growing pants"?

"Hey mommy, when can we see Dalton again?" Noah asks while we're waiting in line at McDonald's. "I don't know, why?" I ask him. "He said he'd bring an old Spider-man movie for me" Noah informs me. "Next!" The worker shouts before I can answer. I step up and place my order.

"Mommy! Look it's Dalton!" Noah exclaims sipping his juice. "Can I say hi? Please! Please!?" He begs. "Okay Noah. I'll come with you" I say grabbing my bag. I gather my stuff and we head to Dalton.

"Hi Dalton!" Noah exclaims as I toss our trash. "Hey Noah, looks like you guys had the same idea as me" Dalton tells Noah. I walk over to the guys and Dalton smiles. "Hello, Tori" Dalton says. "Hey Dalton" I reply shifting my weight. "So, I was thinking if you guys weren't busy tomorrow that you guys could come over my house to swim and so I can show Noah all my superhero stuff" He tells us. Noah jumps up and down. "Please mommy! Please!!" Noah asks tugging at my hand. "You really don't have to invite us" I tell Dalton. "No, I'd love for you two to come" He replies. "Pleeease mommy? Please??" Noah begs. "Okay, I guess I'll see you tomorrow" I admit in defeat. Both Dalton and Noah smile, but here comes the twilight zone part, their smiles are almost identical. "Great! Here's the info" Dalton says scribbling down the information for tomorrow on a note pad. He hands it to me and smiles again. "I'll see you again tomorrow" Dalton says heading up to the register.

"I can't wait till tomorrow!" Noah sings as he skips inside the house. "What's tomorrow?" Hunter asks meeting us at the door. "A really long story" I reply as Noah sprints to his room to change.