Chapter Two

When I get home, I hang my bag on the hook near the front door. I make my way to the kitchen and watch my Aunt Olivia placing chocolate chip cookies on a plate next to a glass of milk. My favourite thing when I get home is to have an afternoon snack of chocolate chip cookies, especially my Aunt's cookies. She is a baker and makes the best cookies I've ever tasted. I take a seat on a stool at the kitchen counter just as my Aunt turns around and places them in front of me.

"How was your first day of school?" Aunt Olivia asks me as she stands across from me.

"It was okay," I say after a moment of hesitation, not wanting my Aunt to find out what happened with Leigh.

"What happened?" She asks seeing straight through my lie.

"Leigh happened," I reply, hoping that she won't ask what happened but knowing she'll want to be told what happened.

"What did she do this time?" She asks, knowing it could be bad. My past with Leigh is not a fortunate one. She's always bullied me since we first met.

"She tried to have a go at my weight, which I ignored, and when that didn't work, she said I would be a disappointment to my parents," I tell her. "It doesn't bother me. I know she's wrong; they would be proud of the person I am today."

"I will talk to her parents," Aunt Olivia says determined.

"Don't bother, Aunt Olivia, she'll just keep going. We both know what she is like," I say. "I don't let it bother me because I know the truth."

"Okay, sweetie, if that's what you want," she says, giving me a hug. "Now I need your help with these cakes, please."

"Sure," I say grabbing my apron off the hook on the side of the kitchen cupboard.

I love helping my aunt decorate her cakes and I'm superb at it. It is one of my favourite hobbies.

"I need you to pipe rosettes on the two-tier cake sitting in the fridge. I need it done in an ombré tone. Starting dark blue and each layer of rosettes needs to go lighter until it gets to white on the top," Aunt Olivia instructs me pointing towards the fridge.

I grab the crumb coated cake out of the fridge, along with everything else I need from the fridge and get to work mixing the frosting and decorating the cake.

By the time I'm finished icing the cake it is five o'clock and, so I head to my room to have a quick shower and do my homework. Once I reach my room, I grab a tank top and a pair of pyjama shorts before going to have my shower. After I finish, I brush and French braid my hair. Back in my room, I drop on my bed with my books and work on my science formulas when my phone plays "The Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars. I know straight away Jade is calling, she picked the song, and I answer straight away.

"Hey," I say putting it on the loud speaker, so I can keep working on my homework.

"Hey. My parents want you and Olivia to come to dinner tonight," Jade tells me getting straight to the point.

"Okay, I'll tell her. What time?" I ask, knowing she'll agree since she loves Jade's parents and never turns down a dinner invitation from them.

"They said seven, and it's somewhat formal. You should wear a dress," She informs me.

"Fine, if I even have one," I say unsure if I have a dress.

My wardrobe comprises shorts, shirts and pants; with a skirt and maybe a single dress.

"I saw one in there when I was visiting you the other day," Jade informs me.

"Fine but no heels or makeup," I reply. "I should go. See you at dinner."

"See you then," Jade says before hanging up the phone.

I finish the question I'm working on and head downstairs in search of Aunt Olivia. I find her in the kitchen looking over a very complicated sketch for a wedding cake.

"Hey," I say, as my way of telling her I'm there so I don't scare her.

"Hey, Aphrodite. You finished with your homework?" she asks looking up from her sketch.

"Yeah. It was only a light load," I tell her moving forward to look at the sketch. It is a lovely four tier cake in shades of purple and blue with intricate piping designs around it.

"That's good," she answers looking back at the sketch distracted.

"Jade called me. Her parents want us to go over for dinner," I tell her. "It is a formal dinner."

"Okay. What time?" she asks sliding the sketch away and looking up at me.

"She said seven," I tell her as I check the time and sees it is now six. "If you go get ready, I'll ice one of the spare cakes in the fridge before getting dressed."

"Okay but be fast," she warns before going up to her room to get ready.

I pull a vanilla cake out of the fridge, my aunt always bakes a spare cake, and ice it with strawberry cream cheese frosting in a ruffle design. It only takes me twenty-five minutes and then I place it inside a cake box back in the fridge so that the icing doesn't melt and head back up to my room to get dressed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Author's Note:
Hey Everyone, Happy Easter, this is my Easter present to you all. I hope you enjoy it. Please remember to vote, comment and share.

I have also decided to try and do a dedication each chapter. This chapter's dedication is to knightsrachel I love her stories and she is an inspiration when I comes to writing. Again I hope you all enjoy this chapter and will let me know what you think.

Author's Note 2:

I hope you enjoy reading my book. I have slowly been editing each of the chapters and am slowly posting them as I go. I have finished writing most of the stories but I am going to be adding a couple of chapters in towards the end so they might not be posted for a while.

Edited it on 23/07/2018.