Chapter Forty-Three

It is Friday and I feel nervous about tonight. On Saturday when he dropped me home Reed asked me to go to the formal with him and I agreed. I'm also nervous about tomorrow night because we are filming the last episode of 'The Beauty Game' and it is down to just Alice and I; and we will find out who the winner is.

When school finishes, I head home to grab my stuff that I'll need for tonight before heading over to Jade's house to get ready. Once inside I see that she has set up everything we need to get ready on her vanity; from her hair straightener to her hair rollers and every makeup item and accessory she owns.

"Mum said she would help us with our hair and makeup," Jade says, spotting me in her mirror.

"Cool." I set my stuff on Jade's bed and hang the dress on the door of her wardrobe next to her's.

"You can take a shower in the guest bathroom," She tells me, smiling. "I put clean towels in there along with anything else you'll need. Even your favourite peach exfoliating scrub. There is a robe hanging up for you to put on while we get ready too."

I acknowledge what she said with a nod, I go to the guest bathroom to get started on my prep. I peer in the mirror and see a girl who had lost a great deal of self-confidence over the years but got it all back tenfold and gained some new friends along the way. Once I am finished in the bathroom and every inch of my body is shiny and not a single knot exists in my hair, I make my way to Jade's room to see her Mum waiting for us.

"Hey, Jasmine," I greet her, giving her a hug which she returns.

"Hey, Aphrodite. How have you been?" She takes a seat on the bed and pats the spot next to her for me to join her. "I haven't seen you for a while."

"I've been good. Busy with school, the show, my friends and life stuff," I answer, with a smile as Jade enters from her ensuite.

"How about we get your nails painted girls," Jasmine suggests, looking between Jade and I.

"Sure." Jades reaches for her nail polish case and pulls out a lovely peach pink polish that will match my dress. I take the polish that she holds out to me and get to work painting my toenails while Jade lets Jasmine paint her fingernails in a scarlet red colour. While we are doing are nails, we tell stories about how we used to do makeovers when we were younger and how it would be the funniest thing every. Once we are done doing are nails, Jasmine does my hair while Jade does my makeup. I end up with a light foundation, pink summertime eyeshadow, light mascara and eyeliner and nude lips. My hair is in a side bun with a braid twined around the base of the bun. Then it is Jade's turn, and I put her hair up in a low bun with a twist, while Jasmine does her makeup; Dark red lips, shimmery smoky eyes and winged eyeliner combine to give Jade a bold and dramatic look.

With our hair and makeup done the last thing to do is put on our dresses. Jade and I exchange looks before opening our garments bags. My dress is as beautiful as I remember it and I fall in love with it all over again. Jasmine helps us into our dresses and ties the halter on Jade's dress. She is doing the zip on my dress when the doorbell rings.

"That will be the boys coming to pick us up," Jade says, looking at her mother with a panicky expression. "We aren't ready yet."

"I'll get the door and let them know you'll be down in a few minutes," she says, before heading out the door and down the stairs.

"We better hurry and finish getting ready." Moving over to the small jewellery case I brought with me, I take out the necklace Jade gave me for my birthday along with a pair of pearl earrings and headband that my Mum and Aunt Olivia gave me when I was eight. The headband is designed like flowers and I adore it. I place it on my head being careful not to damage it or my bun then I put on the earrings, necklace and my silver kitten heel shoes. The bracelet Reed gave me still on my wrist. I put the lipstick in my clutch I check to make sure I have missed nothing and make my way downstairs to Reed with Jade by my side.