Never Alone (An angel vs. demon short story)

It was a beautiful, sunny day in the bustling city of Nordale. Sheila is an angel whose duty is to patrol the vast skies; protecting the people who dwelled in the city from those meanacing and destructive demons. Her attire consisted of a short, white, tunic, goddess sandals, a pair of sturdy feathered wings, and a golden halo. Her long, platinum blonde hair pulled into two pigtails.

"Something just does not feel right..." the angel pondered as she felt this feeling that felt awfully familiar to her.

Suddenly, the skies slowly faded into a gloomy grey and the roaring sound of thunder could be heard.

"What is going on?" she panicked. Sheila immediately searched around for any signs of danger until she felt a chilling breeze behind her that made her shudder. She knew it was one of them.

"Show yourself, you no for good demon!"

"Oh my, and who might you be?" a mysterious voice echoed.

"Sheila, the angel who guards and protects these innocent people from the terror you creatures cause," she replied.

"Then you sure aren't doing a great job if I can do... this," the mysterious creature snickered.

Boom! Crash! The nearest building collapsed as it exploded. The sound of people screaming and car alarms were audible.

Sheila gasped.

"Ahem!" the now horrified angel turned only to see the mischievous demon right before her eyes. With one snap of the fingers, another explosion could be heard.

Sheila leapt back to avoid any contact with the demon. She studied his features; raven hair and dressed in black leathers. He had the horns of a ram, a long pointed tail, and pair of devil wings. Sheila had heard many rumors about this particular demon being one of Satan's powerful sons but she was not aware that she, of all angels, would be the one to encounter him.

"Why have you come to bring harm upon this city, Lucin?" Sheila demanded.

"It seems that you know my name, even though I am postitive that we have never met before," Lucin grinned, showing off his suprisingly pearly white fangs. "Can I just have a little fun?"

Sheila kept her sharp gaze on him like a vulture as she ignored his childish response.

"Revenge," said the demon, "against these lowly humans who don't deserve to exist!"

Before the angel could question, Lucin swiftly attacked her. Sheila immediately staggered, quickly snapping back into reality. She began to think back from the start when she felt that heavy feeling right before Lucin appeared. Sheila thought to herself, could it be that i am able to perceive his innermost feelings?

"Guilt, loneliness and sorrow," Sheila started, "is this how you feel, Lucin?"

The demon frose, a shocked expression painted onto his pale face.

"i have felt similar emotions as well," she said, "could it be that both you and I are the same?"

lucin clutched his chest tightly as he collapsed to his knees. Painful memories of the past that saddened him soon began to fill his head. Constantly being avoided by everyone and being bullied everyday because he was different. The only person that treated him as if he were a normal child was a very kind elder woman.

It was a rainy evening. The only being roaming the streets was a young demon child. There was nowhere else for him to go for he was all alone. The demon child began to shed tears because he was tired and starving. He felt so hopeless.

"Do not cry, young child," said an elder woman as she held the umbrella over the child's shivering frame. "Come, how about i bake you a nice batch of fresh, homemade cookies to go along with a warm glass of milk."

That was when Lucin first met Grandma Buttermilk. She was very sweet and kind and full of joy. Grandma Buttermilk continued to provide shelter for the young demon child until one day, she fell very ill. She was the only person who made Lucin happy. Without her, his life was misery. He figured that he would get revenged on all those people who tortured him and get rid of the people that they loved. That would make sure that they would suffer the same torture that they had put him through.

Sheila felt heartbroken as she watched the demon clutching his head in agony. Crimson red tears began to stream down his pale face as he kept speaking to himself, it's all my fault.

The angel glided over to the weeping demon and wrapped her gentle arms around him.

Sheila spoke softly, "Lucin, do not blame everything on yourself. Being different does not mean that you are a bad person but it is what makes you unique. Not everyone is the same but rather similar. I used to have a younger sister who was very dear to me but a demon cursed her with poor health so she soon passed away. I learned to stand strong so I can have my vengeance. Even though my younger sister is no longer alive, I know that she is still by my side because our bond is unbreakable." Shiela looked Lucin in the face, "I want you to know that hurting everyone will not solve your problems the right way but if you learn to stand up strong and be who you really are then there will always be a place for you to fit. Everyone makes mistakes, Lucin, so don't feel ashamed."

Sheila kissed the demon's forehead and soon he started to disintegrate into ashes. The sky was freed as it started to regain its baby blue colors and the depressing rain was beginning to cease.

"Rest in peace, Lucin. She will always be with you."