Chapter Nine: The Ballerina

Chapter Nine
The Ballerina

Chapter NineThe Ballerina

KHAN MINOZA

GARDE
Student 10
Alyssa Dellava

Itʼs just as predicted.

The same black paper arrived at my doorstep. It had the Black Society crest along with the same chess jargon, "garde".

Alyssa Dellava had sent out a notice.

Though we had anticipated this move, I still couldnʼt help but feel disturbed. This was a letter that basically signified someone will die tonight.

It was only a matter of who.

If we fail to stop Alyssa Dellava, the innocent target of this game will suffer the consequences. Chiomee Mendez will be assassinated for the entertainment of the Yllios Clan.

On the other hand, if we manage to stop her, Chiomee Mendez will probably live out long enough until the end of the semester while Alyssa Dellavaʼs remains sink beneath the waters of the lake.

"I suppose itʼs time."

Merwin Sinclair walked with me to the Theatreʼs Guild. Itʼs been about a week. There were no suspicious movements that were noticeable with Alyssa Dellava. It was the day of the supposed play and yet...

We still have no idea on how she will assassinate Chiomee Mendez.

She was unsuspecting. She appeared on rehearsals and she was even performing. We observed no suspicious movements from her. She was acting normal.

This attempt might be harder if we have no idea of what sheʼs capable of.

If I was Alyssa Dellava, how will I assasinate Chiomee Mendez?

"Where are you?"

The devil spawnʼs voice can be heard on the other end of the radio line. We were already treading down the back alley towards the back door of the theater.

"Weʼre going in."

Sinclair and I managed to get past the guards thanks to the identification cards the devil spawn handed to us.

"Listen to me, Alyssa still hasnʼt done anything suspicious. I checked everything I can here but I still donʼt have any idea. The best we could do for now is keep an eye out for Chiomee. Iʼll be going on stage in a few minutes so heads up."