1

"Sophie, come on, we have to go find a taxi or something, my phone is about to die and we need to get to the hotel," my friend Lilly grabs my wrist and drags me towards the exit, pushing past other people with the same idea.

"Wait, Lil, can I run down there and grab some confetti real quick? If I don't make it back in time, I'll just grab another cab," I suggest.

"Sure, why not? See you soon," Lilly continues towards the door, this time without me. I wave and head off in the opposite direction.

After Lilly and I part ways, I make my way out of the arena and into the hallway. I rush towards what looks like a staircase, hoping to beat the rush of people attempting to get from the top floors, down to the ground floor.

It's been a little tradition of mine to take home at least one piece of confetti from every twenty one pilots concert I go to, I've been a fan for a while so my collection is already a pretty decent size.

I continue to jog down all of the many flights of stairs that lead to the pit area. I mean, I know we were pretty high up in the stands, but this seems like an extraordinarily large amount of stairs. Surprisingly, I am the only one using this staircase. As I continue my descent down to the pit, a feeling of worry begins to eat away at my stomach. On the top floor, everyone was trying to make their way down to the ground floor, shouldn't that mean there should be people rushing down every staircase, including this one? Why am I the only one here?

I decide to shrug off my feeling of uncertainty. After what seems like an hour, the stairs stop and instead, there is a set of doors. I struggle to push the heavy door open and I awkwardly stumble into a dark hallway. This doesn't really look like the inside of the arena?

I start to imagine the worst, and while my mind tells me to turn back, my legs decide to keep going. I stop at the first door in the hallway and think about whether or not I should open it.

My arm reaches out to turn the handle right before the door opens on its own.

I jump, startled. I take a deep breath and look up to find myself face to face with none other than Joshua William Dun.