announcements

v e r o n i c a

i sat in the coopers living room eating raspberries while betty made a salad. polly came out of the room holding her two year old daughter, marilyn cooper. she gave her child her surname since her fiancé recently passed away after the war.
"hey poll." i said putting down the raspberries.
"and hi little one."
marilyn ran into my arms screaming 'auntie ronnie'. i placed her on my lap as she played with my cotton dress. the coopers and the lodges were wealthy families, but we weren't bitchy like the other rich families those including the blossoms. polly despised the blossoms especially jason blossom who broke her heart.
"so i heard the presidents going to give an announcement at 5, wanna take marilyn to the park before he says whatever he has to say?" i asked polly, as he ocean blue eyes lit up.
"great idea ronnie." polly said, grabbing the toddlers hand leading her into the bedroom.
"betty we're going to the park." i told her gulping down the rest of the raspberries.
she looked at me weird.
"for marilyn of course." i added.
"sure." she said cleaning the dishes.
i rolled my eyes and walked into the my spare room in the house. i grabbed a pair of leggings and a black crop top. going towards a more simpler look. i threw on a pair of superstars (adidas) but the high tops because i didn't like showing my socks that were bunnies and embarrassing to be seen in.
i combed through my short hair with my fingers and dabbed on some concealer under my dark circles and traced my lips with MAC lipstick. i took one last look at the mirror and was satisfied with my look. i grabbed a small backpack to hold any of mine or betty's necessities. i walked into the kitchen and saw betty and polly waiting for me as marilyn sat in her crib with cute sweatpants on and a white shirt that said 'mommys girl.' i smiled and told them that i'm ready.
we walked out into the riverdale streets and got to the park that was surrounded by buildings and stores. this park was right in the center.
"ronnie, let's go on the swings!" betty yells as we see nobody inside the park.
"last one there is a rotten egg."
me and betty started to race to the swings leaving polly behind with marilyn.
"yeah, real mature guys!" polly yelled walking towards us pushing marilyn in her carriage.
"I WIN." i called out while betty slouched in the swing.
"you cheated." she huffed.
"sore loserrrr." i sang swinging in the swing slowly.
she rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone.
my eyes wandered to the riverdale streets and they followed a red head walking down the street wearing a varsity jacket. his head turned towards the park as his friend pointed out me staring at him. i looked down quickly pretending i wasn't looking.

a r c h i e

"she was just looking at you." jughead protested as my head turned towards one of riverdale's richest veronica lodge. her head was hanging low and her cheeks were tinted with a red color.
"doubt it." i said holding my little sisters hand.
"archie?" she asked tugging at my hand.
"yeah alana?" i looked down at her.
"can we go to the park?" she asked jumping in place.
"uhh." i thought.
"pleaseeeeeeeee." she dragged tugging harder at my arms.
"okay, but only for a little bit." i said carrying her and putting her over my head as she pretended she was flying. i entered the entrance of the park and veronica's eyes looked up at me.
i don't think she saw me looking at her and i placed alana on a teeter totter.
"so when you said veronica lodge is looking at me, i think you were right." i said nudging my head towards the swings.
as me and jughead continued our conversation, i didn't realize that alana was following a butterfly towards the river.

v e r o n i c a

"he's so cute and seems so sweet." i said gazing at him.
"you look like a creep." betty said unamused and looking down at her phone.
"shut up all the guys i've dated are assholes." i said pushing her phone out of her hand.
"ugh i hate you." she said leaning down to pick up her phone.
"love you - omg." i stopped as i saw in the distance a little girl running towards the river.
i heard the boy yell 'alana' and now i know that was his sister or daughter.
i ran and jumped over the railing, her figure getting clearer as she got closer to the river.
"hey stop!!" i yelled as she turned around still running.
i grabbed her waist and threw her away from the river but i fell in as a result.

i can't swim.

a r c h i e

i ran after both of them scared if alana was gonna fall into the river. as she was about to plunge into it, veronica grabbed her and tossed her away from the bridge, but she disappeared into the water.
"jughead get alana and call 911, i'll get veronica." i said ripping off my varsity jacket and my t-shirt diving into the water.
i opened my eyes as i searched the waters luckily it wasn't running as fast as it usually does. i could see veronica's fading figure sink into the water. i went in deeper and reached my arms out to grab her.
i was losing breath by the second, wasn't long till i hit my breaking point.

b e t t y

i reached to the river and still no veronica and mystery boy.
"are they gonna make it?" i asked his friend as he turned to me.
"they will i promise you." he said in a low voice.

i clutched onto his hand as he looked at me and held back.
soon enough i see two bodies coming up from the water. archie was breathing but veronica was not.

a r c h i e

i ran onto the grass and moved her hair out of her face. her skin was pale and her lips were turning purple. i began CPR and started by pumping her chest. i did it even harder and water spilled from her mouth. i put my lips on hers and blew into it and allow her to her air. i pumped her chest even harder and she coughed up more water and began to breath. she held onto me and i held her back.
"don't worry, help is on the way." i said as my heart started to race.
i didn't know why my heart was beating so fast was it because i saved a life or i almost ended one?
"th-thank you." she shuttered as i placed my varsity jacket on her and waited for the ambulances to arrive.

---

THIS IS THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE DAY BEFORE TOMORROW AND ITS INSPIRED BY CORRUPT LOVE BY @wavyworld GO CHECK THAT STORY OUT IT IS AMAZING AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER