hospital

v e r o n i c a

i woke up and i smell hand sanitizer. i immediately knew i was in the hospital once i opened my eyes it was a casual hospital room. white walls, flowers, tv, a window on the left side of the room. i turned and there sat my red headed boy. i grabbed his varsity jacket and it read 'archie andrews' on the tag.
"archie andrews." i whispered so i wouldn't wake him aup.
i felt a sharp pain in my chest as i coughed and grabbed a clear container as i threw up water. I didn't know i swallowed that much water wouldn't i be dead by then?
i looked over at archie and he hasn't even hesitated, he was probably here all night. i smiled at the thought that he waited for me. i tapped his shoulder but he still wouldn't budge. i smacked his arm and his head swung down then back up.
"i'm up!" archie yelped, rubbing his eyes.
"good morning prince charming." i smiled, looking at him awkwardly smile back.
"morning, how do you feel?" he asked me. i smoothed down the hospital sheets and shrugged my shoulders.
"i guess i'm fine, but-" i started to say.
"but, buts aren't good at this moment." he suddenly panicked.
"it's okay, i just have a little chest pain." i reassured him, he sat back in his chair comforted by my words.
"hello ms. lodge." a doctor came in.
he was tall, incoming grey hairs maybe around 40.
"hi."
"so how are you feeling today?" he asked turning over a paper on his clipboard.
"i've been fine, just chest pains." i replied.
"oh see that's the problem." he said in a serious voice.
"there's a problem?" archie asked sitting up from his chair.
"well, there's excess water in your lungs. have you ever experienced vomiting or nausea?" the doctor asked.
"well yeah, i threw up in that bucket, but it was just water." i responded pointing at the bucket.
"we're going to have to give you surgery." he said scribbling on the notepad.
i grabbed archie's hand and squeezed it.

this was the most horrifying moment of my life, i never expected archie to be part of it.

a r c h i e

veronica squeezed my hand to one point that it started to hurt.
"ronnie." i whispered.
"yeah?"
"you're hurting me." i grunted in pain.
"omg i'm so sorry!" she shouted letting go of my hand.
i squeaked in pain and held onto my hand. she held onto my hand lightly and she kissed it to make it 'feel better.'
"thanks." i said, she smiled at me and i smiled back awkwardly obviously.
she turned and looked straight ahead not making a sound.
we sat there for a few minutes in complete silence. veronica kept getting tons of messages and ringing from her phone and she ignored them like she couldn't even hear them.
"hey ronnie you okay?" i asked her as she turned to me.
"yeah i just don't wanna reply right now in the situation like my mom isn't even here." she replied getting s but emotional.
"and i need surgery and she won't even be here."
"you still got me." i smiled as she sighed and smiled back.
"yeah i do archiekins." she laughed switching the channels on the TV.

A FEW HOURS LATER...

"ronnie? baby." a woman rushed in through veronica's hospital room doors.
"mom?" veronica gasped.
"oh ronnie, what happened? do you need a lawyer?" the woman rambled on.
"no mom, i-" she stuttered.
"she saved my little sister ma'am." i saved her breath.
"and he saved me." she said smiling between her words.
"oh my goodness, thank you so much." the woman came and hugged me.
i put my arms around her and patted her back gently, trying to show a friendly gesture. veronica choked under her breath trying not to burst out laughing. i rolled my eyes and the woman let go and went back to veronica.
"the doctors told me you're going to need surgery." her mother reassured her which seemed to make veronica uncomfortable.
"yeah, they said about my lungs being inflated or something about water." veronica's voice sounded groggy.
"the office needs to me, i'll check back tomorrow, okay sweetie?" veronica's mom kissed her forehead and smiled down at her daughter.
"okay mommy." veronica's voice sounded weak.
"goodnight to you too archie." she waved bye to me and exited the hospital room.
"you know you don't have to stay here arch." veronica turned around on her hospital bed.
"no i'm gonna stay here." i demanded sitting up in my chair and slapping myself a few times so i wouldn't fall asleep.
"you tired?" she asked yawning herself.
"yeah kinda."
she scotched over and patted the space next to her. i shook my head because i couldn't how could she almost died.
"come on you need rest and it can't be on that chair." her eyes widened. she was giving me puppy dog eyes.
"okay." i sighed.
i squeezed myself in the small space she offered and felt arms wrap around me. i chuckled softly thinking how it was suppose to be vice verses but i don't mind viewing from another perspective.
i felt my eyes droop and blackness coming in from the sides of my eyes and the world around me slowly became engulfed in darkness.

___

GUYS IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I UPDATED THIS STORY AND A LOt OF YOU ARE ASKING FOR MORE SO HERE IT IS I KNOW ITS NOT THAT GOOD BUT I TRIED HONEST AND HOPING THE STORYLINE WILL STAY ALIVE

xoxo, ariana