1

1

"We will be starting a new assignment for the third marking period. You will be paired in twos, no complaints." Mr Matthews ordered to his class as he walked around the classroom.

"Riley and Farkle, Smackle and Zay" He began to read off of the list. "Darby and Yogi, Sarah and Daniel, Maya and Lucas" Mr Matthews finished off of the roster

"Oh come on Matthews, Do i really have to work with Huckleberry." Maya sighed, rolling her eyes after hearing she was going to be partners with Lucas. "Yes Miss Hart. This will be thirty percent of your final grade this marking period, and you must work together as a team. Not alone."

*

"Your house right." Lucas asked as the two walked out of the high school.

"Yeah no. Shawn doesn't let any boys in the house, unless it's Auggie or Cory." Maya laughed.

"How about your house SunDance?"

"Yeah I guess, but we gotta hurry." Lucas sighed.

Lucas hopped into his truck he had, and opened the door to Maya.

"So where do you even live. We always hang out at Rileys or Farkles, you never tell us anything."

"To be honest, I live alone. It's easier for my parents and I, they live a few blocks down though." He confessed to the blonde.

Maya began to respond, but his phone interrupted the two and Lucas answered it while at a stop light.

"Hey Lucas, Its Joanne. Lilianas teacher had been forced to go home due to a recent event. Please Come now and pick her up, we will be closing soon." The worker said and hung up.

Lucas sighed and placed his phone down and ran his fingers through his hair.

"You gotta go Maya. We can work on this another day."

"Oh come on Huckleberry, I got plans this week."

"Maya."

"I honestly can't work on this on any other days. I have to help my mom and shawn with stuff. Please."

"Fine. But you promise you won't tell anybody."

"What?! That you live alone."

Lucas ignored her and drove off to the daycare.

"What are we doing here?" Maya questioned as she hopped out of the truck and followed Lucas.

"just give me a moment"

"I'm here for Liliana Friar." Lucas said filling out the parent/guardian book.

The young girl with dirty blonde hair and green eyes just like Lucas skipped out and ran to hug Lucas.

"Hey Lily" Lucas smiled, picking up the little girl and heading outside.

"Hi Daddy!" Liliana said cheerfully.

"Who that?" Lily said, pointing to Maya who walked confused as ever behind them.

"That's my friend Maya. Once we get to the house, we have to work on a project. So you have to be extra good."

Lucas gave Maya the look not ask questions right now, Due to Lilly being in the car.

Once Lucas pulled into the drive way, Maya saw a cute apartment like and they headed up stairs, with Lucas carrying his supposed daughter.

"Now Lily sweetie, go to your room and play with your dollies. Daddy and Maya will cook you lunch, and we all will eat together."

Lily nodded and ran down the hallway, which Maya figured led
to her bedroom.