chapter one

insane » luke hemmings 

chapter one

-----------------

| Vivienne Porter |

I was currently sat at one of the tables in the small cafeteria/hang out area that was littered with patients of all disorders. Looking down at my tray, I sighed. The food here absolutely sucked. It all tasted bland and terrible. Pushing away my tray I stood up.

I walked around the room hearing the chatter between the ones that could communicate without doing something harmful. Reaching the sofa in the far left of the room, I sat down next to a kid who I had never seen here before.

"H-hi."

I turned my head meeting the blue eyes of the boy who looked about 17; my age. I nodded my head and replied a quiet 'hey'. He smiled at me and looked away, his eyes darting around the room.

I shrugged. I sat there on the dusty couch, waiting for something exciting to occur. Of course, that would never happen in a place like this. My foot started tapping at the floor impatiently as boredom struck over me. I laid back onto the couch, rolling my head to the side I admired the other patients around me.

So many people in here are convicted of something they have either done or not. Conviction, craziness, illness, the list goes on and on. Whatever your mental stability is, you could possibly end up here like the rest of us. Sometimes people are framed and still get put into here, which I find absolutely ridiculous.

"Vivienne?." I heard a timid voice say.

Lifting my head up I met eyes with one of the young nurse who worked here. "Hmh?" I replied not really looking forward to whatever she had to say.

"You have an appointment with Dr.Ross." She stated giving me a small smile. I nodded curtly, heaving my body up and following her out of the room.

We walked down the semi-quiet hallways, the only thing being heard is small mummers of nonsense. Passing many doors we finally reached one of the doors on the 2nd floor. The nurse, Nancy gestured me to open the door. I complied to her silent orders and slowly opened the door and entering the room.

I walked further in hearing the door shut behind me. I walked towards the big toffee colored couch in the center of the room. Seeing the therapist sitting on a maroon seat directly in front of the couch, I finally sat down. I stayed silent, waiting for him to look up and start up the conversation.

"Hello Miss Porter, how have you been lately?" Dr. Ross finally spoke up after a short period of silence.

"Fine." I replied flashing a fake smile. "The voices have been gone lately."

No we haven't.

I involuntarily winced. Of course the voices and visions haven't subsided. I had only said it so that maybe they could finally let me out of here.

"Hmh... I see." He said not believing a word I said. Who could blame him? Based on our current place right now, I wouldn't even believe myself.

I gave him a tight lipped smile, trying to make him somehow believe me.

We can help.

"Don't." I whispered. Dr. Ross looked up questionably at what I said. Shaking my head, I made the thought pass by both of our minds. I looked around the small room we were seated in. The leather sofa I was currently seated on, was placed in the middle of the room. The doctor's chair placed right in front of me, and the desk in the corner. Even though the room was quite small, it seemed bigger with the lack of furniture. My eyes glanced around the wall paintings before finally locking on Dr. Ross's who were staring me in the face.