Chapter 12

Chapter 12-

"Tell me Sophia, how much do you really love me?" I was now walking into the school and to my surprise, Klaus had let me go without any fuss, much different to the whole dramatic scene he pulled last time about me leaving the house where he wouldn't be. Rebekkah had come with me and then went off somewhere, we were on speaking terms and all, but I still wanted to talk to her properly.

"Why are you here Kol, shouldn't you have better things to do then see me at school?" I questioned him with my brow raised.

"We've both been daggered for how long now Sophia and now we finally reunite" he smirked taking his usual position beside me and draping his arm around my shoulder. "I would love to spend as much time as I can with you, even if it’s at something as boring as school. After all, we always find something to get up to anyways" he smirked wider.

"Actually you chose to get up to trouble and I'm always there stopping you before you either get yourself revealed as a vampire, nearly kill someone or for Elijah or Klaus to find you. So we do not get up to anything, you get up to it all" I said, my smile appearing as the memories came back to me.

"But you love it anyways" he smiled genuinely, "But enough reminiscence of the past and back to the present" he then said stopping and standing in front of me.

"Tell me Sophia, how much do you love me?" he grinned again. "I'll answer that question after, right now I have class to attend to" I said walking past him.

"Fine, I'll be back though" he smirked and then left.

Walking into class, I had now gotten more whispers and stares then I did the first day I had come to school, of course they because of the ball Esther had arranged in honour of me, but that would have left everyone else in this town wondering who I was to them and leaving the people who knew who they truly were, wondering if I knew what they were about.

"Is this seat taken?" I sat at the back of the class, no had spoken to me just yet, just small smiles, but they didn't come over to me and ask to sit beside me, but of course he would and to not even think that he would be any of my classes was even stupid of me.

"Do you think it's wise Stefan?" I questioned, looking up at him as he slid the chair out and sat beside me.

"Surely I would be able to talk to you?" he said rolling his eyes as he leaned back into his chair.

"You've changed, haven't you" I whispered taking him in. "Well when you get your heart broken twice, of course you would" he commented back, causing pain to stir within me, all my regret and sorrow rising up as he said that.

"I never meant to hurt you the way I did, I never meant for you to get hurt at all, but all I wanted is you safe, he would have hurt you, would have killed you and I couldn't live with myself if that happened" my voice became low as I spoke, my eyes dropping to the ground as I closed my eyes.

"I know that now, but to know that Klaus is the reason I lost you" he moved closer towards me, his head slightly down as he spoke he saw the reaction he caused me.

"I know all the pain and torment Klaus has caused you all these years, and I'm sorry for that too Stefan. I'm sorry for everything he has done to you and he shouldn't have, but I'm so sorry, if there was something I could have done, if I'd known...." I trailed on grabbing onto his hand as I felt the pain and sorrow within him.

"Nothing's your fault Sophia, it never has been" he began saying, shaking his head. "You just got caught up with the wrong people, that's all. So don't blame yourself for what happened" he continued to say.

"We can't fall back into old habits" I quickly pulled my hand away from his and changed the subject, turning around so I was facing the front of the class and trying to pay attention to whatever it was the teacher was talking about.