Chapter 10

Chapter 10-

I layed in my bed all day again today. It was the weekend, but Klaus still didn't want me going anywhere today and instead of fighting and arguing with him, I decided to just stay put. They brought food in for me, but I barely ate, was in no mood to even talk to them, but when Elijah or Kol came in, they kept me talking and talking, Kol trying to keep me more updated with things more than the others although Rebekkah on the other hand, I have not seen at all today, but that only caused my thoughts to ponder more about her and Stefan.

I wasn't sure what to make out of it. Klaus hated Stefan, yet he called him his brother and Rebekkah truly loved him too, none of it made sense to me, but it made me understand why Rebekkah didn't want to talk about it though. But just the thought of her and Stefan being together made me feel sick, to think of him with anyone else made me upset, but I knew I had to let go.

"Sophia" a soft smooth voice broke my trails of thoughts and then Esther stepped into my room, closing the doors behind her.

"I'm sorry we didn't get to speak yesterday, I was busy" she said walking towards me. "It's fine" I smiled small as she sat beside me.

"You know I'm still stunned to see someone as beautiful as you with my dear Nikklaus" she then said caressing my cheek in a maternal way. "I just hope that you don't get hurt, you're still so pure and innocent and Nikklaus isn't all that good" she continued to say.

"Klaus is a vampire an original, yes I know that, but that doesn't make him entirely bad" I said back to her, unsure of why she was truly here.

"Well then you must know I am the original witch?" she stated which then shocked me to hear. "Klaus failed to mention that to me" I said shaking my head.

"It seems all my children have failed to mention it to you" she commented back. "They are all very fond of you though, I can see it greatly, and I even hear Finn was too" she then said.

"Finn was one of a kind, a gentleman and more. I miss him dearly." "Well if it wasn't for Stefan, then he would be here today" Esther then told me, which stunned me to hear.

"Stefan killed Finn?" I stated, which sounded more like a question. "Well he was the one to drive the stake through his heart, but with help of his friends to and from your reaction, I assume you know Stefan, am I right?" she then asked me and I wasn't sure what to say back.

"Yes, I'm very fond of Stefan and Damon" I answered with a small nod.

"Sophia, it would be wise not to hide anything from me. I know how you truly feel about Stefan and whatever it is, whatever Klaus has told you not to say to me, not to do, you do not have to listen" Esther then grabbed my hands and held them in her own. "You're afraid of Klaus, but you care for him, that I can see, but you don't have to be anymore. I'm here and I will protect you" she spoke soft and gentle and at this point I wasn't even sure why Klaus didn't want me to trust her.

"Klaus loves me and he would do anything to keep me safe, I trust his word when he tells me something, but he has told me nothing although I do appreciate your will to protect me" I said back to her, letting out a small breath.

"Nikklaus obviously does not know how good he has then, but why he chose to un-dagger and dagger you still leaves me bewildered. Turning you would have been the more suitable reason, but then again, he does have to be dramatic about things now doesn't he" letting go of my hands, Esther than rose to her feet.

"Mother are you finished in here, we have to get ready" Rebekkah walked into the room, stopping half way as she spoke.

"Remember what I said and if you ever need anything, just come to me" Esther than placed a soft kiss on my head and turned and walked out from the room, Rebekkah then lifting me from the bed and dragging me over by my dressing table, sitting me down as she began to undo my hair.