The Hastings street

The whole thing felt surreal. You didn't know what you were doing in a street you had never been in, watching houses you've never encountered at both street ends. All you had was the trust you held in the message, saying it was from Jimin as well as asking to come to this very street. For all you knew this was a trap. Your feet suddenly felt paralyzed. You didn't want to take another step.

The only reason you were even here, and not being yelled at by you parents for staying up so late in the first place, was because they had been holding double shifts at their work every friday. And all because they were trying to double the money in your college savings account. The thought made you grin. What an idiot I am. My parents are working so hard and I'm not even trying that hard to study. Instead I'm literally walking into my doom because of a text message.

As you were slowly moving forwards again to the address you were sent, you feel your right hand getting heavier and heavier with every step. It's like the bag in which you had quickly put some bandages, ointment and disinfectant spray, had become 10 times the size. The sound the bag made in the quiet street felt so loud and almost embarrassingly evident.

unknown
cme to hastings str 15
and bring smth for a wound
it hurts like hell
seen 03:05

unknown
thank u shorty
i knew i could count on u
seen 03:05

Shorty, you thought, he was the only one to call you that. All because how short you were in 5th grade when it seemed like everyone else had gotten into giants, even the shortest girl in our school was then taller than you by a whole inch. Jimin would constantly  rest his arms on your head and annoy you because of the height difference.
This one sentence in the text was what made you run to find your jeans in the pile of clothes stacked on your desk and quickly get out of the house to the address.

You realised you didn't even look in the mirror to see how you looked. Doesn't matter anyways. If this is a prank, I'm the fool either way, if not - Jimin is the priority, not my hair state.

It was when you saw a plate stating Hastings street 15 on a dark wood brown mailbox, you realised you had arrived.
Yet you didn't move. You were simply standing by the mailbox, barely touching the entry pavement to the house, reaching for any possible sound that could help you realise what's going on. But all that was evident was a playground bathing in a dim street light right by the house and the low chirping sound coming in all over.
Then you heard someone cough. "I'm right here". The voice came from the playground's side. And then you saw his silver hair, his black jacket and those blue shoes he just started wearing to school not so long ago. It was indeed Jimin sitting crouched up on the swing, looking right at you.