Book 1. Prologue.

Unchanged.

Book 1. Prologue.

Can you realize that one day, if you change... everyone will like you? When you say you’re dead, They will be happy? When they see you as another person... They will love you?

Those are just a bit of what’s running on my mind right now and i can’t stop thinking about it. I made a decision that can make my life.. change.. forever.

Flashback

As of now, we’re here, in our car driving to a “fancy restaurant” as my mother said. I’m here in the shotgun seat of our car my mom is driving and my siblings are in the back seat.. I can’t wait for this.. I’m so excited.. This is the first time we’re gonna celebrate my achievement. We’re Filipinos but my dad gave me a price for graduating high school as a valedictorian to come here again in the states, Texas to be exact, I’m still going to go back to the Philippines to continue my 5th and 6th year high school. K to 12 programs and their ambitions huh?.. as I was happily looking out the windows.. I noticed something.. a car.. speeding.. in our lane.. Not moments after I screamed.. “MOM LOOK OUT!” but it was too late.. Everything turned black.

I woke up in a white room full of flowers.. With a lot of bandages on my face and machines hooked up on me.. I saw my mother looking at me with tears of joy..

‘Oh dear I thought we’re going to lose you!” My mom said as she hugged me.

“Mom, what happened, tell me, what happened!” I shouted in pain. I wanted to know what happened to me, why is mom saying all those things to me! What happened to my brothers, my dad and her!

“Calm down honey! And ikaw ang pinakanatamaan..” –Mom.

“So what’s going to happen now?” I asked.

“You’ll need to go through reconstructive surgery my dear” My dad said as he entered.

“What do you mean?!” I asked furiously.

“There are some parts of your face that are badly damaged, and you will need to go through surgery to return it back to normal..” They said..

“How long was I out?” I finally got the courage to ask..

“About 2 months dear, and we’re back here in the Philippines but we brought some of the best doctors abroad here with us to treat you.” –Dad.

“You we’re in a coma..” –Mom.

I chocked up in tears as it fell to my cheeks..

“What do you want to do?” They asked me..

“Go through surgery but.. I want everyone in my school to know that... i’m dead.”

I want to talk to Jake.. I want to see him.. So I told them my plan.. It will hurt Jake so much but i have to do it. Jake is well, my boyfriend, we’ve been together for 3 years now. And it hurts me not to tell the truth... I love Jake.. soo much. But a new life is a new life, I have to let him go along with my friends..

End of Flashback

A decision that suffocated me, a decision to tell everyone that I didn’t survived, that I died..

Mahirap pero kakayanin ko to. They knew me for being cheerful and that’s how its going to be.

I am.. Marie Alessandra Marasigan... And I am not afraid to change.

--

All rights reserved. Kayem26