Chapter 3

~ Raes P.O.V

After I went up the stairs I walked into my mates room and walked straight to bed. I layed up all night, just thinking of Levi, like all other cold and empty nights without him.

When the sun came up I knew it was morning, I kept laying there trying to think of a way to get out of this mess.

I heard someone open the door and I sat up against the bed. It was Darius and his light brown hair was a complete mess, he had a black V-neck and jeans that fit perfectly. He made me drool and I thought of kissing his lips over and ov- Wait!? What am I thinking?

"Goodmorning" His voice was like angel.

I turned my head to the window and refused to look at him or talk, because I knew I would crumble beneath his gaze.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw him sigh and he walked towards me, he sat down on the bed and I moved away from him. It was hard to resist him all I wanted to do was to touch him and forget the rest of the world, I thought of Levi it was all that helped against the pain. The thought of him in my arms once again.

"There's food downstairs" As he said the word food my stomach growled in hunger and I could see Darius smile in victory, he probably think that just because I'm hungry it means that I will eat with him.

"Please, you need to eat" All I did was keep looking away. I used the silent treatment, me and Levi always used it and I can only think that he's using it right now.

"Rae" He said my name as if giving up but it still send shivers down my spine. He smirked since he knew his affect on me and I blushed.

'Damn it Rae! Get a grip!' I said to myself. I quickly thought of all my pain, Levi, My parents and my pack... my eyes teared up but I just shook it off.

"Max, the one you hurt" when he said the last I felt like I was stabbed in the heart and all the guilt came washing over me and I got a knot in my stomach that I know won't go away. "he's okey now, he's in the pack hospital. It got real bad but he will be fine"

I remember all the blood and how I felt... it felt as if I was in my pack again, all the beatings and the loneliness.

The tears came again but I didn't stop them, I just let them fall freely on my cheeks.

I saw a bird fly by the window and it made me feel more hopeful then I've felt in a very long time

Darius brought his hand to my cheek and tried to dry my cheeks with his thumb.

I quickly jumped away from him when I felt the sparks go through my body.

He had a hurt look in his eyes but I couldn't care less. "Stay away from me." I said and if even possible he looked even more hurt.

"But I'm your my mate?" I only got angrier and angrier because I couldn't take being sad so I got mad.

"I don't even want to be here!" I yelled.

"I'm not supposed to be here..." I said but it was barely a whisper.

My wolf has been non stop whimpering since Darius walked in and now she's crying, I try to soothe her but she won't budge.

I can hear Darius leave and I feel relief.

Klick

What was that!? I shot up from the bed and walked to the door and grabbed the knob and turned it. Locked.

I looked more closely at the door and I realize this is an enforced door and I won't be able to come out this way.

How was I going to get out now!? I looked around the room for an exit and could only find the window.