Grandparents

We laid there for a couple of minutes until I knocked out in Callie's arms. Kiel picked me up and put me in my new bed. They both tucked me in and told me goodnight. You're worthless. Help! I started panting and screaming. I dreamed about my parents. They started chasing me. My dad had the whip in his hand and was chasing me. I tossed and turned until finally I woke up from the dream. I worked up to Callie sitting on the bed, petting me head. "Are you ok?" She asked with a worried face. "Yea just had a nightmare." I told her. I laid back down and Callie tucked me in. She told me goodnight and closed the door behind her.

****THE NEXT DAY****
The next day, Callie and Kiel took me out in Kiel's limo. We went to an old apartment that looked to be falling apart. "Where are we?" I ask. We get out of the car and I see 2 people standing in front of the entrance staring at me and giving me weird looks. We walk up to them and Callie greets them. She tells them that I'm going to be living with her and Kiel from now on. They look at me and then back at Callie. They pull Callie aside and all I heard was, "...but she doesn't look anything like you. She has brown hair and you had blonde hair before cancer." Callie explains to them what happened with me and that she doesn't care what I look like. Callie hugs me and gives the lady the death stare. We walked inside the apartment as the man and the lady stood in shock as to what their very own daughter has said.

Yes, these are my "Grandparents" better known as Grandma Bernette and Grandpa Carlin. Grandma and Grandpa were very judgy people. If you wore a sweater that they didn't like, they would judge you that they didn't like.

We walked inside Grandma and Grandpa's apartment. In the middle of the building was a an old fountain that has rust all over it. The fountain also wasn't working. Before we walked in, Grandpa Carlin jumped in front of the door and said, "We just cleaned our apartment and don't want to track any dirt in here. Could you please talk off your shoes before coming in?" We took off our shoes and walked inside. Grandpa Carlin stopped me right when I was about to walk in and told me, "I don't care who you are and why Callie and Kiel decided to keep you but if you don't look like one of us, you're not welcome here. So why don't you stay out on the porch here cause in the apartment we don't allow not only people that don't look like us, but runways." As he was about to turn around I said, "I'm not a runaway" He looked at me and grinned at me, "Of course you are" He laughed a bit and Callie got up from the couch and walked over to the door. I sat down on the old fountain and stared down at the floor. "What's going on here?" Callie ran over to me and sat right next to me. She looked at Grandpa with concern in her face. "He said that I'm not welcome in his apartment because I don't look like you guys" I told Callie and Grandpa gave me an annoyed angry look. "That's it. I've had enough." Callie grabbed my hand and yelled out, "KIEL!" Kiel ran out of the apartment with a handful of cookies. "Where'd you get those?" Callie asked. "Your mom made them for me." He let out a smile. Callie rolled her eyes at him and yanked his hand. Callie put me in the car and told Kiel to get in. Grandma and Grandpa ran out of the apartment building. "Where are you going darling?" Grandma said to Callie. "Don't call me 'Darling'" Callie snapped at them. "What did we do wrong?" They both smiled at Callie. "What did you d-" Callie let out a little laugh. "I tried to reason with you by bringing over my new daughter and you get in her face and tell her she can't be part of the family because she doesn't look like us. You guys are sick and cruel. What if I tell you, 'you can be my parents because you're too tall. How would that make you feel?" "We're sorry." Grandpa says "Sorry's not going to cut it." Callie says and then jumps in the car without saying anything else and drove off.