Chapter 2

At grid point twelve we climb the stairs to the roof. From here you can see the whole city slowly waking up. The wind is blowing my hair backwards. I walk to edge and start to set up for the shot.

"I call the one on the left," I say.

When we are all set up and watching for our targets to pass by Felice says, "Are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Samuel started yelling at me for having temper tantrums so I asked him a few questions." Our targets walk into sight.

"I know you don't want to hear this right now but your going to have to flirt with him at some point." We look through our scope and put our hands on the trigger.

"Did you know you have to kiss yours at some point." They get closer.

"Fair point." We take our guns apart and start packing them up. "Make you a deal when eventually kiss Alexander you have to start flirting with Samuel."

"Deal." We walk away from the ledge. Down on the ground we walk a few blocks to grid point nine. We pass people going to work and coming from work. There are families already at the park. The mothers are watching their kids play on the playground. One girl on the merry-go-round has the cutest laugh as her brother makes it go faster. She has the courage to stand up and let go of the rungs and before anyone knows what she has planned in her mind she jumps thinking she can fly like a bird. When she hits the ground her brother comes running but she just keeps laughing.

One more block and we see the boys coming out of a store. Felice walks faster getting in front of me. She walks right up to Alexander sets the bag on the ground puts her hands on his face and kisses him right on the mouth. She is so on. I put my bag beside hers so they can put them in the car.

I link my arm with Samuel's and walk on. "Let's give them some privacy. Besides I need to talk to you."

Once we are out of ear shot I say, "I apologize for yelling at you earlier. You're right I need to control my anger. It's that I don't like talking about my past that often. I've really only opened up to Felice. It's different for me around here than it is for you. I always have to watch my back and prove that I'm worth it otherwise they will think that I am weak because I wasn't bread here like you were. I am sorry for yelling at you, but you have to except that sometimes it feels like I have to prove myself to others like I used to."

He takes a second to answer, "What was done to you was cruel and I get that it's probably hard to live with, but you have to let me in at some point. I'm not trying to push you we have all the time in the world." He takes a deep breath and says, "What I'm trying to say is if anyone thinks you're not good enough then they are out of their minds. You are one of the bravest people I know."

I look over at him through my red sunglasses with wonder in my eyes.

"Rosella!" I look back behind us to Felice looking at a window full of dresses.

We walk over to the store and I say, "I could go for a new look about now how about you?"

"Love to."

In the window are different styles of sweater dresses. We go in and I pick a red one with a cool design on it. It has long sleeves and a black belt.

"You get that one on while I get on this one." Felice holds up a green one with stitched vertical lines.

When the boys pay we pick a dressing room and trade out our yellow dresses for our new ones.