niel.// - wake

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse.

-Coldplay, Fix You

June 15 -

The first period -

Shortly after arriving at campus, Niel walks into his class, and greets Rafael good morning.

Niel's surprised to see everyone so silent.

Everyone, staring at Niel, dead silent.

A girl chuckles.

???? : Oh? Bakit? Walang good morning for Alysha? -Said teasingly.

The rest of the class laughs at her tease.

Niel : It's not like that, Irene. - Niel said awkwardly.

Irene : Ah! Sure. Whatever. Nielysha is still in our hearts.

Everyone goes and teases Niel along with his love team with Alysha.

Alysha, being the person in the love team, is sat on her chair, shaking with her hands on her laps.

The teacher unexpectedlycomes into the classroom, and starts the class.

Niel feels blessed for the teacher came on such a good time.

???? : Attendance!

???? : Niel?

Niel : Present!

???? : Ashlyn?

Irene : Magkasunod pa sila! Awwiee!

Biglang inasar lang lahat ng klase ung love team nila Niel.

???? : Katahimikan!

Rest of the class : Yes, Sir Connor.

Irene: Present!

And so they became quiet. After Sir Connor does the attendance - it was time for first period.

Niel, being lazy, just daydreamed during class. Not learning a single thing, just off in his own world.

Sir Connor : Niel, paki-translate ang wikang ito sa Ingles. -As he points to his sentence on the chalkboard.

Niel : "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."

As time goes on, it eventually came to Rafael's prerequisite time.

Niel walks out the classroom as the class of the 3rd period has finished, as he thinks about Rafael's "master" plan. Niel heads downstairs when he notices something.

As Niel walks out the classroom, he sees a girl in the school's uniform , struggling.

The girl was carrying stacks of boxes,

Niel: Um... Do.. do you need help with that?

????: WHAT DO YOU THINK?!

Niel: I think you do.

????: GET TO IT THEN! -As the girl lays down two cartons.

Niel and the girl walk down the stairs, each on separate destinations but common paths.

Niel: You're struggling so much just for these boxes. What's in these anyway?

????: Confetti and some other decorations. Didn't you hear? Rafael's holding a party at our auditorium.

Niel: ...a party? I'm going to assume I'm invited then.

????: Yeah, right. It's gonna be a blast. Do you have a name? Name's Sierra. I'm my classes representative.

Niel: Niel. My name's Niel. How many people are coming anyway? Rafael wanted me to bring these pai-

Abruptly, someone "accidentally" bumps into them, making them fall down the stairwell.

Niel and the girl's boxes of confetti and party items come flying out of said boxes, furthermore adding to the mishap, Niel's paint spills out of their containers color glittering the stairwell and walls.

The students that just happen to be around are in complete shock and awe as to the result of the tragedy. Schoolmates walking within the stairs are covered in paint and confetti, especially this one student..

Niel looks up as paint comes dripping out of his vision.

He sees Rafael utter the words...

"I.. am.... so.. sorry."

A student quickly rushes to a teacher to report the incident.

Niel: RAFAEL.. YOU LITTLE

Rafael: I SAID I'M SORRY!

Niel: AH, TOO BAD. WILL SAYING SORRY CLEAN THIS MESS?!

Sierra: "BOTH OF YOU, SHUT UP!"

Sir Connor arrives and is in total shock at what he sees.

Sir Connor: Who is responsible for this?

A classmate of Rafael's says Niel.

Niel: WHAT?!

A classmate of Niel's steps forward and points toward Rafael.

Rafael: I had NOTHING to do with this.

The entire students around them are in utter turmoil and disorder.

Sir Connor: ENOUGH!

It got A LOT quieter.

Sir Connor: Sierra, who caused this?

..

Sierra: I did.

Niel and Rafael: ...what?

Sierra: I did this, this happened because of me.

Sir Connor: Well.. I.. Sierra. You're going to have to serve community service for this. It's our school's policy.

Rafael: No, she's.. she didn't do this. I confess. I pushed Niel and Sierra down the stairs.

Sir Connor: I think I've heard enough. Niel, Sierra, Rafael, you three are entitled to volunteer in cleaning up the campus, and most importantly this mess first.

..