sixteen

Yugyeom moves back in the dorm a week before the term starts, unpacking his clothes and putting up his frames and photos when the door swings open and hits the wall.

"Oh, hi, Youngjae. You're done unpacking already?"

Youngjae skips over to his bed and plops down, a wide grin on his lips as he watches Yugyeom arrange his things on top of the dresser. Then, he suddenly frowns. "Mark and Jinyoung have graduated already."

"Yeah." Yugyeom peeks over his shoulder (even though he doesn't need to because of the mirror in front of him) to see Youngjae already lying down on his bed and hugging Yugyeom's pillow to his chest. "Ya, go get your own bed."

"No. I'm lonely in my room. Junhong hasn't got here yet."

Yugyeom sighs and gets back to fixing his things, letting Youngjae be as he rolls around on his bed, messing up his sheets. His hand freezes on a frame he has placed at the back of everything else for now, and sneaking a peek at Youngjae, he grabs it and tosses it carefully inside his bag before zipping it up and putting the bag in his closet.

Then, he goes over to his bed and pushes Youngjae nearer to the wall so he has space to sit down. "Ow!" A slight thud comes from Youngjae and the wall. "That hurt, Yugyeom!"

Yugyeom snorts. "Sorry. Your fault for not leaving me any space."

"You have the space of this entire room, don't give me that excuse. You just honestly hate me, don't you? Or you hate Coco for always using you as her playground?"

He heaves a sigh at Youngjae's whines. "Just go to sleep, Youngjae."

"It's two in the afternoon."

+

"His flight is delayed."

Yugyeom announces to no one in particular. Youngjae went off to buy them some drinks while Yugyeom is still standing in front of the arrivals board, waiting expectantly to see the number of flight coming in from Bangkok.

BamBam has just texted him, saying that his flight is delayed by two hours because of some problem with the engine or wheels or whatever, and that he's sorry for making them wait even longer.

Well, it's Yugyeom's fault for wanting to go to the airport even before BamBam's plane has left Thailand anyway.

When Youngjae gets back to him, holding cold cans of coffee and milk, Yugyeom tells him the news while leading him over to the waiting area of the airport.

"You're the one who said to come early." Youngjae simply shrugs and pulls out his phone, tapping an app and placing his open can of coffee on the first flat surface he sees.

Yugyeom frowns and leans back against the chair, looking up at the ceiling.

He's really missed BamBam already. It's been months already and there's only a few days left before the new term. He missed his dorm roommate; it's a different feeling sharing an apartment with Youngjae who's always playing games on his phone 24/7.

He reaches over for the can of chocolate milk and opens it, taking a long swig before pulling his legs up on the chair and curling up into a ball as he watches people rush past them dragging suitcases and waving goodbye to their friends and family while he hears the sound effects of Youngjae's game and Youngjae's reactions and curses to his game.

"Oh, Yugyeom! Why do I always see you everywhere?" Somebody suddenly says loudly, laughing and causing Yugyeom to twist around to see whoever that person is.

"Hey," he sits up at once, nearly kicking Youngjae's side and earning a loud curse from the other boy's lips. "Minghao. Are you going somewhere?"

"Yeah." Minghao stops in front of him, smiling, "I'm going back home for a few days. What about you?"

"I'm waiting for BamBam. He's arriving in seven hours."

They chat a bit more, the subject never going near the topic of what happened between them days ago, and Youngjae never looking up from his phone except to greet and introduce himself to the Chinese boy. Such a game addict.

When Minghao walks away, Yugyeom manages to drain his entire can of milk to the last drop before getting up and tossing it in the nearby trash can.

He curls up in his chair again, thinking of what he and BamBam will do when they see each other after months and falls asleep thinking of that. Yugyeom doesn't know how long he has slept, but he's just being shook awake by a Youngjae who is pointing at the arrivals board and loudly squealing like a girl.

"What, what, did Bam's plane arrive?"

"No. A plane from Los Angeles did." Youngjae pouts. "I miss Mark already."

Yugyeom groans and sits up, wiping the sleep from his eyes and checking to see how much time there's still left before BamBam's flight finally arrives. There's still five and a half hours left.

He drags his butt off the chair and shuffles his feet while fluffing up his hair to go to the store, with Youngjae calling after him to get him a can of grape soda.

__________

idek what im writing anymore lmao huhu there wasnt much in this chapter ;;
anyway, ink is ranked #719 in teen fiction im crying ㅠㅠㅠㅠ thank yall so much ㅠㅠ
also, howd you guys feel if i published my other yugbam story, fly, as an ebook with 20k words more or less?