5

I wanted to just strangle him right there. It's his fault. He killed my mother. The man that sat before me, acting all high and mighty.

I couldn't even move. My legs began to shake out of fear. He looked down at me and smiled. Not an evil smile, but a heart warming smile. He didn't even look a bit ashamed.

"Hello child." He said smiling.

"Y-you..."I said shakingly. "I will kill you," I said in a cold voice, taking the man and Clayton by surprise. Guards on either side of him took out their swords prepared to fight if I took another step forward.

"You killed my mother." I hissed looking down, barely a whisper but loud enough so he could hear. My eyes moistened thinking about her body on the porch. I looked at him again and what I saw surprised me.

It wasn't happiness, guiltiness, not even a shred of hostility. He looked at me with tears in his eyes, sympathy and sadness.

I looked at him surprised and he looked at me with a sad closed eye smile.

"Sorry about your mother, but I am not the one who took your mother's life." He said opening his eyes. Then who I thought. As if reading my thoughts he answered. "Ajax."  said spitting it out like poison. His eyes that were with sympathy left no trace and was now anger, fury, hatred.

"My brother."

_________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter.