sixteen

dawn's pov

today i'm going to hang out with blake again. i'm basically just going to keep doing this until jake finally gets that i'm trying to give him space.

-

"hey where are you going?" asks jake.

"i'm going out with a friend." i say.

"which friend?" he asks, trying to extend the conversation.

"my best friend named blake. he went to high school and college with me." i truthfully answer.

"he?" jake asks, sadness in his eyes.

"yes jake, is that a problem?" i ask.

"no, it's just you haven't been spending any time with me at all lately, and i just want to know what's going on. i miss hanging out with you." jake says.

"i don't know jake. maybe it's because i'm 'too clingy' or i need to 'hop off your dick'. if you really feel like that, then go by your words and date tessa. all i'm doing is giving you the space that you wanted." i say, putting my hand on the doorknob. 

"dawn, i-" and before he could finish the sentence, i walked out and slammed the door.

-

jake's pov

fuck.

-

dawn's pov

i just got back from hanging out with blake and i honestly have no clue what to do. i basically have no friends besides blake. nick told my biggest secret, and i'll forgive him for that, but not right now. i guess i'll just have to hang out with someone else in team 10.

as i walk towards the kitchen, i see erika walking by.

"hey erika?" i ask.

she turns around and looks at me. "yeah?"

"is jake here?" i ask, making sure the coast is clear. i'm trying to avoid him at the moment.

"no, he left a while ago saying he needed to clear his mind or something." she says.

"ok thanks." i say, walking into the kitchen.

in the kitchen, there's nick, kade, tessa, and chance. most of them are on their phones, but kade is doing something on his camera.

"hey chance?" i ask.

he looks up from his phone and looks at me, and smiles.

"yeah what's up?" he asks, trying to be cool.

"do you wanna hang out? i'm bored." i ask.

"yeah i would love to, but would jake be okay with that?" chance says.

"probably not, but him and I aren't really on the best terms right now, so it'll be fine." i tell him.

"well ok. what do you wanna do?" asks chance.

"honestly, i kinda just wanna watch netflix. you down?"

"duh!" he yells. "last one to your room is a rotten egg!"

"no fair!" i yell back, chasing after him up the stairs.

(a/n: haha this reminds me of when jake put stuff all over the floor and made ppl chase him 😂)