twenty two

the sound of the loud buzzer rings through my ears, indicating that jake had in fact won the game of air hockey.

"haha! i won!" jake screams, dancing around the table as i playfully roll my eyes.

"i let you win!" i smirk.

"psh, yeah right. never lost a game in my life." he cockily says.

"mhm." i hum, taking a sip of my ice cold drink.

"hey, let's go cash our tickets in for some prizes." he suggests, grabbing my hand and running over to the prize desk, decorated with lights and filled with childish prizes that are almost useless.

we both hand the boy behind the desk our tickets, after deciding to combine everything we got.

after about a minute of calculating the ticket amount, he comes back from the back to the front of the desk and clears his throat.

"all together, you won 1,738 tickets." he says, trying to hold a chuckle because of the lucky number.

"slim thicc with yo cute ass." he hums under his breath.

jake and i look at each other, and start bursting out laughing. the boy behind the desk realizes we heard him, and his cheeks turn a bright shade of red.

he quickly changes the subject. "um, did you guys wanna buy any prizes?"

our laughter finally dies down and jake speaks up. "yeah, can i get the water gun up there?" he points to the top shelf, with a green and yellow water gun that labels '950 tickets'. "babe, what do you want?"

"can i get that big stuffed dog, up there?" i ask, pointing to the top shelf as well, the dog labeled '770 tickets'.

"yeah sure." the boy responds, grabbing the items off the shelf. "here you go."

-

the engine of jake's car roars alive as i buckle my seatbelt. my eyes trail down to the aux cord, grabbing it and plugging it into my iphone. after a silent 20 seconds, 'bounce back' by big sean plays throughout his speaker.

"last night took an L, but tonight i bounce back. wake up every morning, by the night i count stacks. knew that ass was real, when i hit, it bounce back, you ain't getting checks!" i rap, jake chuckling in the background.

the song sadly ends, and there's a pause between the songs. i look over to jake to see that he had paused it.

"hey dawn?" jake asks, looking at both me and the road between glances.

"yeah?" i respond.

"what really happened to your wrist?" he asks, referring to the bruise from tessa. shit, i didn't know that was still there. i guess she really did hurt me bad for it to last this long.

"well," i sigh. "i guess since we're going strong right now i'll tell you, although i don't think it's a big deal. anyways, when i first arrived at the team 10 house, everybody walked away but tessa pulled me into a room and told me a bunch of bullshit about how i can't steal you from her, and she basically threatened me and twisted my wrist. but all of you were in the kitchen."

"shit, dawn i'm so sorry i didn't notice you! tessa is such a bitch, how could she do that?" he rambles on. his knuckles were gripped tightly onto the steering wheel, and his jaw was clenched. i rest my hand on his shoulder, and he slowly relaxes at my touch.

"baby its okay. i promise." i reassure him.

he lets out a deep breath. "okay." he smiles.

-

"we're back bitches!" i yell, walking into the house as jake chuckles behind me.

we hear a couple heys, hellos, and what's goods.

"hey jakey!" tessa squeals, running into jake's arms for a hug.

he quickly pushes her off of him, and looks at her in pure disgust.

"i need you to pack your bags. you're no longer in team 10." jake spits at her.

i put my hand on his shoulder, as a way of saying 'are you sure', and he nods at me.

"what?" she questions, making a dumbass pouty face.

"i don't need to repeat myself." jake says. by now, the whole team 10 is crowded around us. "tessa, you injured another member and threatened her, and that will not be tolerated here. and the constant flirting with me while i'm obviously taken by dawn is unacceptable. you need to leave."

before she can open her mouth to speak, ivan speaks up.

"it is true, tessa threatened to hurt my brother." ivan confesses.

"yeah, and she hit me in the eye with a glass cup. i guess i did a good job of covering it up with all of this makeup because none of you ever noticed." erika says, rubbing makeup off of her eye to reveal a black and purple eye.

"oh my god. tessa, are you crazy?" jake says, looking at her with anger in his eyes.

"i'm not crazy, you're all crazy! i was planning to leave this dumbass group after i got what i wanted. but i guess my plan didn't work. you're all just-" tessa begins.

"tessa, get your ass upstairs and start packing. if i see your fucking face in this house tomorrow, i'll pick you up myself and throw you out. go." jake growls at her, pointing his finger to the stairs.

she crosses her arms and storms upstairs, slamming her door shut.

"chance and anthony, you can take her room. hopefully she's out by tomorrow morning in time for you guys to get situated in there." jake says.

"thanks." they both tell jake.

"thank god she's gone. i knew something was fishy around here." nick speaks.

"her pussy." anthony says.

we all burst out laughing, nearly falling over on the ground trying to catch our breaths.

i'm glad i live with all these fools. they make me so happy.

-

a/n: ok guys finally an update!
also,
oh my gosh i know tessa isn't like that in real life. i actually love tessa in real life; she's so sweet and funny. i only matched her with this personality in this book because she's the only other girl in team 10 besides erika, and erika wouldn't really fit that character.

love u guys,
-guacdolan