Praying and Screaming

The woman at the front desk was getting real impatient with me. I couldn't blame her I was just looking at her for the past 2 minutes. She probably thinks I'm a bit slow or something.

"Hi I'm Connie Noble, I'm here to take my drivers test." I replied before she could give me anymore mean looks.

She looked through her computer for my file. "You're late. Here take this paperwork and fill it out" she growled as she smacked her gum. I read her name tag 'Belle' what a pretty name for such a meanie pants of a person. I am so not offering her a job with daddy anymore. I snatched the papers and clipboard. Hmp! She isn't getting any manners from me.

Wait what did she just say? I'M LATE!?!?! No no no no no no no no no no no impossible! I am never late! I checked the time in my car I was just running a bit late but I calculated my speed and the stop signs I drove through to make sure I was on time. How did this happen? Their clocks must be wrong, it says I'm 30 minutes late! Wait is this what the paperwork is for? Because I'm late? I feel like crying I could feel the tears coming up. Before I could see what I was doing I had already finished writing all my personal information on the papers. I quickly turned it in before anyone could see my tears. I will probably have to wait an hour before I can my test! I might as well go to the snack machine and buy me some chips for the long hour I have to wait.

As I started to make my way to the snack machine, my name was called.

"Uhmmm Miss.Noble? We are uhm ready to see you." It sounded more like a question than a statement. I didn't argue I grabbed my purse and turned around to see the person calling me. He sure didn't look like he belonged here he was too young and wayyy too hot. Iris would totally eat his face off. He was very built and extremely muscular I bet he could carry me without breaking a sweat. I am very insecure about my weight. I don't like it when guys pick me up because then I feel fat. I'm always scared they will fall because of my weight. But this guy he could totally carry 10 of me.

I stood in front of him waiting for him to give further instructions. But he just eyed me like I was a freaking alien. Was he really going to look at me like that, it's not a very nice facial expression. I want to give him a mirror so he can see how weird he looks. I reflected his face through mine. I was giving him the 'are you an alien' look now. He looked confused when suddenly a light bulb lit above his head realizing he was making that face.

"This way miss" He smiled and shook his head. Finally I can take my test. I was shocked that I didn't have to wait an hour. He went to the back and got a 'Student Driver' sign to put on top of my car.

I should probably get Iris one of those so she can put it on top of her car, then no one will suspect her of drunk driving. I'm tired of always picking her up from jail. She has even made friends there! I do not approve of this. Why am I even friends with her you may ask, well she is the only one who understands my love for Doctor Who and passion for adventure.

As I stepped inside my car I noticed the guy seemed really uneasy, he almost looked scared. He took a look at our surrounding, I guess this is his first time evaluating someone and thinks I'm going to crash into another car and kill us both. I kinda feel bad for myself, do I really look like a bad driver?

When he got in I started to put my seatbelt on and checked my mirrors. I waited for further instructions. I didn't want to start the engine without him being ready. We both sat in silence for around 3 minutes. I think he was praying or something because I kept seeing his lips move. I, being respectful, patiently waited till he was done. Those 3 minutes soon turned to 10. Was he praying the Rosery or something cause I know that takes like 20 minutes.

      He suddenly stopped praying, blinked 3 times, looked around, and then at me. His eyes soon got furious and filled with hatred it seemed like he was going to kill me.

"WHY THE HELL AREN'T WE MOVING!?!?!?!!?!?" He screamed so loud it almost destroyed my hearing. He started breathing so heavy that I could see his chest rise up and down. I swear I could see smoke coming out of his nose and ears.

"Well me being respectful I was waiting for you to finish praying! Golly sorry for my manners." This seemed to anger him more.

"PRAYING!? WHAT THE HELL? I WASN'T- You know what forget it just drive to Joey's Tattoos we are late."

"We're late what are you talking about?" I didn't know we had to go to places at certain times to pass the test.

"You know what", he raised his voice, "I'm the evaluator, not you, now shut up and drive before I fail you. You got 5 minutes to get there."

Okay now I'm scared I never fail a test especially one I have been studying and practicing for my whole life. I closed my lips and started the engine.

As we got to a red street light I noticed the old lady I almost ran over next to me in her pimp car and she looked mad as hell. Shouldn't old ladies have much nicer cars that don't make them look like they are in a gang? Before I could take another look at her car I saw a freaking gun in the passengers seat! My eyes seemed like they were going to pop off.

"HEY YOU'RE THAT CRAZY HOOLIGAN WHO ALMOST KILLED ME!!!  AND YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE THE MOST IN THIS WORLD?" I shook my head to afraid to speak. "PEOPLE WHO GO OVER THE SPEED LIMIT AND WHO DRIVE THROUGH STOP SIGNS! YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR THAT YOUNG LADY!"

Oh shit oh shit oh shit she's going to kill me! And right before I was able to get my drivers licenses! She started loading up her gun my heart beat sped up 10x the normal rate. The light was still red and Joey's Tattoos was right after the light I guess we are just going to have to be a minute late. I took a sharp turn to the right. I almost crashed into another car, but I didn't care it was either that or die.

"ARE YOU INSANE OR SOMETHING? I KNOW I SCREAMED AT YOU EARLIER AND I AM RIGHT NOW BUT THAT DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO KILL US BOTH!!!!!!"  Wow this boy really doesn't have an inside voice. And is seriously giving me the biggest headache!

"CAN YOU JUST SHUT UP FOR ONE MINUTE!? DID YOUR PARENTS EVER TEACH YOU HOW TO USE YOUR INSIDE VOICE!?!?! AND I AM TRYING TO SAVE US BOTH FROM GETTING KILLED MY THAT CRAZY OLD LADY THAT I ALMOST RAN OVER EALRIER!!!! GOSH!" 

He was silent for a minute, huh I guess screaming really did help.

"You ran over an old lady?" 

"Almost," I corrected him and it wasn't like it was on purpose, it was a complete accident. I even took the time to think about going back and checking on her. She should be grateful she was even on my mind. I know that may sound a little selfish, but I think the world could make an exeption for the kind of situation I'm in right now.

I looked at all my mirrors to check if the lady followed us, glady there was no sign of her. I let out a sigh of relif. Finally the crazy honking stopped and  everything is quiet and all I can hear is the cars passing by. What a peacefull-

"Excuse me miss, but Joey's Tattoos was straight ahead and you took a right. Would you please explain to me WHERE THE HELL YOU ARE GOING!?!?" I looked straight at the road ahead then slowly turn my head towards him. This boy just has to yell every single time he opens his mouth and I am just about had enough of  it.

I looked him dead in the eye and said, "If you yell one more time I swear I will pull this car over, grab the duct tape and connect that bottom lip of yours to your top one. Do you understand me?"  He looked like he was gonna shit his pants. I'm glad I could get a reaction from him. At least now he knows how much he is starting to bother me.

"Uhm your eyes aren't on the road we could crash anytime right now"