Chapter 4

Jones walked into the bullpen a few hours later. It was obvious he was back to not shaving and having a hard time sleeping again like how he was after King killed himself.

At one point, you and Jones decided to take a walk since you didn't have a case to work on. You made small talk but for the most part, the walk was peaceful mutual silence.

When you came back, Ramirez came up to you two. It didn't take long to notice that Jones had began to shake beside you.

"Hey, guys." Ramirez grinned.

"Hi!" You grinned back.

"H-Hey." Jones looked away, thinking about the nightmare he had.

"You alright, Jones?" Ramirez asked, noticing how Jones looked.

"W-what?" Jones stuttered and looked up. "Yeah! Couldn't be better!"

"Are you sure?" Ramirez asked and Jones nodded. "Okay..."

"Anyway, what's up Ramirez?" You asked, rubbing Jones' back.

At first, you were confused as to why he was shaking. Until you realized the nightmare he had last night involved Ramirez too.

"Nothing much." Ramirez replied. "It's so nice not having to worry about a case or anything."

"Yeah, it's definitely nice to just relax." You said.

"I-I'll talk with you guys later..." Jones said, starting to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Ramirez asked.

"To my desk." Jones replied. "I have...a lot of paperwork I need to do."

"Oh. Okay." Ramirez shrugged.

Once Jones was out of sight, Ramirez turned back to you.

"Is he really alright?" Ramirez asked.

"I don't know." You shrugged. "I know he's been having nightmares but he hasn't talked to me about them."

"I wonder what they are about?" Ramirez asked, confused as to why he would suddenly have nightmares.

"I have a idea as to what they are about." You said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "By the way, next time we agree to keep something from someone, please make sure they aren't around when you talk about it."

"Oh okay." Ramirez's eyes widened when he came to the realization as to what you were talking about. "OH! Oh dear...I didn't think telling him about it would of caused him to have nightmares."

"I know. I didn't either." You replied. "I've tried telling him not to worry about him but he's definitely scared."

"I can see that now." Ramirez said. "But why does he seem scared of me?"

"I'm not sure." You said, rubbing your chin. "I think he may have had a nightmare involving you last night."

"Makes sense." Ramirez said, nodding. "Do you want me to talk to him?"

"No." You shook your head. "Let me."

"Okay." Ramirez said. "I'll see you later."

"See yah." You said and walked back to your desk.

Coming up to it, you see Jones with his head down on his desk.

"Jones." You say before tapping his shoulder, to keep from scaring him even more than he already was.

"Is he still here?" Jones shook under your hand.

"No. Ramirez is elsewhere now." You replied, rubbing his back again. "Why are you afraid of him now? Was he in your nightmare last night."

"Yes." Jones replied, not lifting his head up.

"Oh..." You trailed off. "You do know you didn't hurt him right? Never even made a move to hurt him let alone look at him."

"I didn't?" Jones lifted his head and turned towards you.

"No. Your focus was on me." You replied. "Ramirez knocked you out before you could even pull the trigger."

"I see." Jones said, looking down.

"Everything is fine." You said, giving him a sideways hug. "Stop scaring yourself and thinking about it."

"It's kind of hard to not think about it, yah know?" Jones asked and you nodded.

"I guess." You agreed. "Let's just stop talking about it and focus on something else."

"Okay." Jones nodded.

Throughout the day, you could still see Jones shaking whenever Ramirez was around him and it got to the point where Ramirez purposefully stayed away from him.

You both knew that tonight wasn't going to get any easier.

------------------

Author's note: Short chapter sucks. I know.