Chapter 6

Chapter 6 -

----------------------------------

"So what do you want to know? You pretty much know what happened already." You asked Jones.

It was later during the day and you two decided to take a walk through the park.

"I don't know...I guess how I acted? Did you try and talk me out of it?"

"I think I remember your eyes being glazed over." You said, remembering that night. "You acted kind of angry for the most part."

"Like I was angry at you?" Jones asked.

"Pretty much." You replied.

"I wish I remembered how I felt in the moment. Maybe it would've helped me understand the situation better." Jones said, sadly.

"Personally, I think it's better you don't remember. Didn't you say you remembered falling down the stairs?" You asked.

"Yeah. For some reason I remember falling down the stairs when we went to arrest Tess." Jones replied, rubbing his head. "But that obviously didn't happen."

"I guess when Ramirez broke the trance you remembered something random to make up for the few moments you were zoned out and to explain how you got the bruise on your head." You said.

"Makes sense." Jones replied.

"And yes, I did try to talk you out of it. But I didn't have to try long before Ramirez came in and saved the day." You replied with a chuckle. "He truly is our guardian angel, huh?"

"I guess so." Jones chuckled too. "He saved us both multiple times already! What would we do without him?"

"Probably nothing since we would've died like 5x over." You laughed.

"True." Jones smiled and then frowned.

"What?" You asked, frowning too. "What's wrong? I told you, everything is okay. You don't have to be scared of killing me because I know you would never do it without being manipulated."

"It's just... I can't help but think about what I read involving what Tess said during the interrogation and the trial." Jones looked down as you both continued to walk down the sidewalk. "It honestly bothers me a lot."

"Like what?" You asked, curiously.

"Like how she said that killing you was the right thing to do or how she claimed you should be careful around me...stuff like that." Jones said.

"Well, she claimed wrong. I know I have nothing to fear whenever I'm around you." You replied with a smile and even though he didn't look at you, you could see him smile a little.

After a moment of silence, you continued.

"Tess didn't know you like I do. She believed only what she wanted. She never looked at the real facts or anything." You said. "In her twisted mind, killing me was the right thing to do. But in anyone else's normal mind, they would know otherwise."

"Yeah...I guess." Jones replied.

For the last few days, there was something on your mind that you wanted to ask him. But you felt it was best to wait until he was more relaxed to ask him a few things.

'Now or never.' You thought to yourself.

"Hey, Jones." You said after another moment of silence.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"I want to ask you a few things about what Tess said and I need you to answer me truthfully, okay?" You started.

"What do you mean?" Jones finally looked at you again.