Downfall

When we got to California, everything went amazing!

He was 22 so he bought the alcohol and we had a great time on the beach and touring. On the third night staying at the hotel, he came to the pool and pushed me in a little rough. I thought he was playing around so I splashed him and he kicked a chair and stormed off.

I was scared then confused. I didn't know what was happening so I just assumed he had a little too much to drink. After swimming for awhile longer, I thought I would go check on him. He was asleep so I rolled him over to ask if he was okay.

Mistake number three.

He woke up and started yelling. He pushed me down and started kissing my neck but I pushed him off and went into the bathroom. After locking the door, I sat in the shower crying and listening to the banging and shouting.

How could this happen?

The sweetest guy I met turning into the monster I dreaded.

The one thing I so carefully avoided all of these years was separated away from me by a two inch thick door!

He started kicking the door and promising he would be back.

After I heard the front door close, I slowly opened the bathroom door and crawled over to the bed and cried myself to sleep dreaming of nothing but pieces of what had unfolded through the night.