Lucifers Bride Chapter five

its season eight. The Winchesters are aware of the trials but in this fanfic there are four. thi first trial has been completed. Kevin is deciphering the second. Sam and dean live in the bunker.

Sams POV

Sam woke like a drowning man breaking the surface of the ocean. he sat up in his bed with his head in his hands, desperately trying to catch his breath. finally when the panic faded he pushed his sweaty hair out of his eyes and got out of bed. as he made his way to the bathroom he left a trail of sweat stained clothes behind him.

The blazing hot water of the shower helped and soon he was able to think clearly again. the nightmare had seemed so real. it had been a long time since Lucifer had haunted his dreams, but those days were never too far from his thoughts. there was something different about that dream though. now that he was more calm he went through the whole thing in his mind. 

He had watched the whole thing while trapped inside his own head. Lucifer was driving. it was just after he had watched the devil slaughter the room full of demons- the people of his past who had spied on him all through his childhood and adolescence. He was horrified by the part of him that felt elated by the power running through him. 

Lucifer took him to a house he didn't recognize. he watched, curious as the pair of demons bowed and one left to fetch someone. he wondered at the excitement Lucifer felt while waiting for whoever was about to enter the room. 

Then she was there in front of him and he stood to greet her. Sam looked at the young woman through eyes that were no longer under his control. she was pretty, but he knew that one day, perhaps with a few good meals and some sun, she would be beautiful. She had bright green eyes framed by thick lashes, like emeralds that shone out against the pale flawlessness of her skin. her hair fell almost to her waist in warm brown waves and she looked absolutely miserable. a gust of wind would have knocked her over. he felt the need to protect her from the evil that filled the room but there was nothing he could do.

to his surprise Lucifer was filled with an acute anger against the two demons. he wondered what made the sad girls plight so important. he despised humans. 

Sam knew what was about to happen to the demons and wished she didn't have to witness it. before Lucifer turned his attention once more to the girl Sam finally connected the dots. her name...that was the clue. Persephone.

he had never really taken much of an interest in Greek mythology, but had done plenty of research on the old gods. some still roamed around, half starved from lack of worship. He and Dean had faced a few in their time, some quite recently.

He had come across the story of Persephone years ago. what would the queen of the underworld be doing in Detroit though? and why would she look so...human.

He tried to remember the whole story, even as the girl fainted and Lucifer swooped her up, surprisingly gently, in his arms.

what he could remember went like this;

The goddess Persephone,was an innocent maiden, a virgin who loved to play in the fields where eternal springtime reigned. She was the only daughter of Zeus and Demeter, goddess of grain, agriculture and fertility.

Hades, god of the underworld, had other plans for her. He watched her from his kingdom and fell in love with her. He made a plan to steal her innocence and make her his bride.

His brother Zeus consented to the marriage but warned him that Demeter would never approve. at his brothers instruction, he abducted and deflowered her while she was out picking flowers.  though she called out to her companions and her mother,, no one heard her pleas. the earth opened up before them and she was spirited away to the underworld.