Lucifers Bride chapter three

chapter 3

in my story lucifer possesses sam for longer than canon. 

seph wasn't allowed to ask about what had happened, and she never got an explanation. Nor had she since had another dream about the woman she had thought was her mother. it didn't stop her wondering though. the whole thing was just too weird. How had it all even happened? the number? who was John Winchester? and why did he want to kill her? how had Hilda and Benjamin known where she was? and why wouldn't they explain what had happened?

they never returned to the red house, driving on instead for what seemed like days, stopping only to eat and for bathroom breaks.

when they finally did stop, it was outside a house even more isolated than the last. this time Hilda insisted upon home schooling her. she wondered if Emily knew or cared that she had just disappeared.

her days passed slowly and her seventeenth birthday went by without much ado. Hilda did make a special birthday dinner however. and she was given the gift of a charm bracelet. it was heavy even though it only had one charm, a pomegranate cut in half. she didn't particularly like it, but wore it out of politeness.

Seph had a home made calendar under her pillow. when her eighteenth birthday finally came, she joyously packed her bags and walked out of the house, determined to get away. she didnt get very far.

"where do you think you're going." she turned in the lane, surprised that i was Benjamin who had followed her out. he never spoke to her.

"I'm eighteen now. you cant stop me." she replied before turning on her heel and continuing to walk. she stopped in her tracks when he appeared before her. how was that even possible.

"you're wrong there dear. this is where you belong. this is the only place you are safe."

she shook her head. "I'm leaving Benjamin. I'm legally an adult now and you cant keep me here against my will anymore."

"have you forgotten about John Winchester? Hes not the only one after you. they will find you and they will kill you without our protection."

she was surprised he had even brought it up. after all this time she had began to think it could have been a dream. 

"i don't even know why he wanted to kill me. Ill risk it Benjamin. I cant live in the dark anymore.

" its all in motion now sweetheart. there's nothing they can do now to stop the big event except kill you."

she was thoroughly confused now.

"what the hell are you talking about? why cant you just give me a straight answer!?" he approached her now and she backed away. "i wont stay quiet anymore! give me answers and ill think about staying." 

"come back in the house dear. its not safe. Hell tell you everything when he gets here"

she screamed at him then "no! I'm going. you re not going to tell me anything. who the hell are you even talking about?"

and he didn't. instead he dragged her back into the house and locked her in her room. she cried in her fury and tried desperately to break open the door, of course that was futile but she was half mad with frustration. after that she attempted the window, but even the chair she threw at it didnt even scratch the glass. finally, exhausted, she got into bed and hugged her knees to her chin, her eyes raw and her head thumping from her angry tears.

on the plus side, not that it was much of a consolation, Seph was no longer required to go down for dinner or attend her homeschooling. Hilda tried at first, but her complete lack of response finally got to the vile woman and she gave up. it was clear in her eyes, which turned black when she was angry, that she was close to violence sometimes, but something held her back. when Seph refused to eat in protest to being held against her will, however, she was not gentle as she forced fed her.

who was this person that would explain everything? she had  so many questions that she hoped would someday get answered, but at the same time she dreaded the coming of whoever this person was that would supposedly give them. Benjamin had sounded so reverrent and in awe of whoever He was. that couldn't be a good thing.

sometimes she wondered if the people who wanted her dead, whatever their problem was, were the good guys. if only she could have gotten answers from her would be assassin. perhaps she should have just let him kill her.

as her nineteenth birthday approached she began to have strange dreams again. she was in a room lit only by the flames that licked the walls, coming closer, about to burn her. she could feel the heat of them as they walled her in until she was curled in a ball on the floor and her skin began to melt away.

then, a bright green light chased away the flames and a woman appeared. it was the same woman who she had thought was her mother, and that notion came to her again as she saw her. her eyes, so like Sephs own, were bright green. she wondered absently if she looked anything like her father, whoever he was. then the woman spoke.

"say no Persephone, don't ever give in."

"give in to what? why should i listen to you again?" she almost shouted, every night it was the same.

"to Him. never say yes." the woman who looked so much like her was crying.

"the last time i listened to you i almost died. is that what you want?"

"Never" her mother replied "though it would be simpler." well that was comforting. "i thought he might hide you. protect you from them. from Him. i was wrong."

" who was he? why do people want me dead?"

"A hunter of the things that threaten human life. evil things"

"do i...I'm not evil...am i?"

the beautiful woman shook her head once. 

"why am i a threat?"

she shook her head again before repeating herself. "say no"