Day One

I awoke to a faint tapping noise. I sat up but it was so bright, it took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the light. I glanced at the mirror next to the window and stared into the eyes reflected in it. I marvelled at the way the light changed my eyes from dull grey to a stormy grey with flecks of green, gold and blue. I glanced away and noticed that my silver blonde hair was sticking out in all directions. I sighed softly and looked away from my reflection. I glanced around my room and saw Kensii sitting with her head down in the purple beanbag by my desk. Her long shimmering hair fell all the way to just above her waist but I noticed that she had dyed the tips red instead of keeping it fully black. I took the moment to watch her. She was staring at a page in her sketchbook but the picture was covered by her hair. I coughed, making her jump at the sound. "Shit Meg, I swear one day you're gonna give me a heart attack!" She squealed, shut her book and stood, scrutinising me with her wide and dark, almost coal black eyes. She was scowling till I stuck my tongue out at her playfully when she smiled. "What you drawing there?" I wondered. Her smile faded. "That's what I'm here to talk to you about." She replied. "I've been having this dream Meg, the same dream every night." "So?" I said, I was confused. "Thing is Meg, you're in this dream..." Kenzii said, "And it always ends the same way..." There was a long silence. Even before I asked, I knew the answer to my next question. "How... How does it end?" Kenzii pales but nods. She opens her sketchbook and flicks through until she lands on the page she was looking for. She pushed the book towards me and I look at the picture. As the scene becomes clearer and clearer my body gets colder and colder. In the picture I see a tall dark figure behind a girl who is clearly terrified and in pain. Her long blonde hair is flowing around her and her grey eyes stare out from the page. The most prominent detail is the dagger protruding out from her chest. "The dream always ends ..." Kenzii started "With your death..."