Part Three: Reunions

3:45 pm, Friday, April 14th

After arriving in Richmond, Special Agent Barnett had spent the first half of the afternoon taking statements from any person at the Our Lady of Hope Mission who had any contact with Amy, and the next couple of hours canvassing the area. After coming up empty, he headed to the county jail to see if there had been any arrests, or attempted arrests of anyone matching Amy's description.

Barnett flashed his ID and was allowed access to the arrest reports. He stowed his service weapon in a provided locker and entered the administrative area of the jail, where the incoming prisoners were processed. As he looked over the female roster, he made small talk with the jailers.

"So, who are you looking for, Special Agent Barnett?" The desk deputy asked.

"Female, 23, five-seven, one-twenty, medium brown hair and blue eyes, DOB 2/23/91. Answers to Amy, but may be using an alias as she has no record, so you wouldn't be able to locate her in NCIC."

"Sounds relatively generic. What'd she do?"

"Assault and destruction of private property."

A female deputy spoke up. "A & B and DPP? Why in the hell is the FBI involved in trivial crap like that?"

Barnett offered a slim smile. "Amy is... special."

"Oh, got it... say no more. Did her rich daddy call you guys?" The deputy laughed.

"Something like that. So, have you guys heard of anything weird recently?" Barnett asked as he completed his search through their records.

The five administrative deputies laughed. "Weird is part of the job!"

"I understand that, but stranger than usual. Like maybe... supernatural or something."

Two of the jailers turned to each other, then back to Barnett. "Well, there was this one guy that Metro PD brought in last night for DUI."

Barnett sat back in an office chair exasperated. "Alright, what's his story?"

The deputy laughed. "It's probably nothing, the guy was pretty toasted. But while we were booking him, he was babbling about some chick using witchcraft."

Barnett sat straight up. "Witchcraft? What kind of witchcraft?"

"He said that she made this guy levitate, and then threw him across the room."

Barnett stood. "Is this guy still here?"

"Nah, he bonded out around ten this morning."

"If you could provide me with a copy of his arrest report, I will get out of your hair," he smiled.

8:15pm Friday, April 14th

"Aims, wake up."

Amy sat up and realized that she had fallen asleep on Steph's couch. "What? What's going on?"

"You were beat, so when you passed out I went out on a couple of repair runs. I left you a note and my house phone, but you were still sawing logs when I got back. Here, I brought us some chow." She held up a bag that read Los Hernando's Mexican Food.

"Steph! You didn't!"

"Chill, don't freak on me. I just told him that I saw you, and that you were okay. I told him that you asked about him."

"What did he say?"

"I won't lie to you Aims; he's still pretty freaked out. But he did ask me multiple times if you were okay."