Chapter 2: Test of Strength

Cynthia's POV:

I wake up and see that I am in a room and bed that was completely unfamiliar. I slowly get up and see my bags there. I try to remember what had happened, but my thoughts are interrupted by the smell of . . . bacon? I get up and walk out of the room into the hallway. I walk past a couple rooms that have their doors closed. Did anyone else live here? I walked down and I see the living room and the kitchen. (Y/N) was standing there cooking. I then realize what had happened. I remembered him comforting me. I remembered him holding me when I drifted into sleep. I felt my face heat up at the thought.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I feel as if someone is watching me. I turn and see Cynthia.

(Y/N): "Good morning Cynthia." I say smiling. "Did you sleep well?"

Cynthia: "I-I-I . . ." I see that her face is quite red. I rush over to her and place my hand on her forehead.

(Y/N): "Are you feeling sick? I can help you get back upstairs." She grabs my hand and pushes it away.

Cynthia: "N-no. I'm fine. I just um . . . didn't know you could cook."

(Y/N): "Sure I can. I've had to take care of myself for a long time now. Come on let's eat." I take her hand and lead her to the table to sit down. I grab breakfast for her which consisted of bacon and omelettes.

Cynthia: "Thank you." We then begin digging into our food. After a couple minutes of silence, she begins to speak.

Cynthia: "So . . . about yesterday. I . . .I'm sorry I ran off like that."

(Y/N): "It's fine, we all make mistakes sometimes."

Cynthia: "I just . . . thank you for last night." I then look up at her.

(Y/N): "Umm I didn't really do anything."

Cynthia: "But you stayed with me and cared for me. That's all that mattered." I feel my own face heat up at her words.

(Y/N): "U-um, no problem. I'll always be there for you." After a couple seconds of silence, I decide to break the ice.

(Y/N): "So what will you do now?" She looks down at her food when I ask this

Cynthia: ". . . I think . . . no." She then raises her head up, gazing intently at me.

Cynthia: "I want to travel with you." I can feel my eyes go wide.

(Y/N): "Are . . . Are you being serious?" She then nods her head. *There's nothing wrong (Y/N). It'll be just like traveling with Emilia, if Emilia was a former champion.* 

(Y/N): "Alright . . . We should go see Professor Juniper then to let her know. But let's finish our breakfast."

-Time skip to Professor Juniper's Lab-

Juniper: "Welcome back (Y/N), Cynthia!"

We walk in and see that Emilia is already waiting there.

Emilia: "(Y/N)!" She jumps into me, hugging me.

Emilia: "I'm so glad that you're okay!" I guess I have no choice but hug back.

(Y/N): "It was no problem really. I'm just glad Cynthia got out okay." When I say this, it seems to strike a nerve. She pulls away from me, emitting a murderous aura.

Emilia: "So you think you're strong enough to protect one of the strongest trainers of the Sinnoh region?" She takes out her pokeball, summoning her Sceptile. I begin backing up towards the door of the lab.