sign of the times

finally managed to write an actual new one shot oh my god, harry's perfomances at SNL really got me life jesus christ i love this man so much, it's hurting. anyway this is quite a long one shot because i just was so motivated. i hope whoever's gonna read this likes it and keeps reading. have fun xx

16 years ago

Mommy, can I go play in the garden?" No answer. Didn't I shout loud enough? I tried again. "Moooommy?"

My two years older brother Jason turned his face annoyed away from the TV toward me. "She's upstairs. She probably can't hear you. Stop screaming", he mumbled.

"Or I could scream louder", I suggested, giggling.

"Don't. I'll kill you."

"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" I jumped up and down and saw Jason getting really angry.

"Maya! I wanna watch this show. Bitch.", he shouted.

"What is a bitch?", I asked curiously but Jason just shrugged.

"I don't know."

I pouted. "But it's an offense."

"Yes, I guess so. You are annoying."

"I know." I grinned at him but he already had turned his face to the TV screen again.

I made my way upstairs and found Mum and Dad unpacking carton boxes. We just moved into our new house and it had a great garden with a sandbox and I wanted to bake some sand cakes in there. "Mommy?"

My mum stood up and stretched a little. "Yes, baby girl?"

"Have you seen the sandbox? Can I go play there?"

My mum sighed and looked around her. Some of my toys lay across the floor. "Yes, honey. But we're going to eat in one hour, so be ready. And maybe take Jason with you. He's had enough TV for today."

I beamed at her. "Ok, thank you Mummy." I ran downstairs. "Jaaaace, mummy said you are to come with me outside. She doesn't want you to watch any more TV today."

"That's not true. She allowed me."

"But not anymore. You had enough, she said."

"You're lying. You just want to keep annoying me."

"No, I'm not. Come on, Jason, please. Please, please, please. You haven't been out in the garden yet either. It looks sooo cool."

Jason looked out. I knew he found it as cool as I did. "But only if you shut up next time I watch TV."

"Promise." I said and ran outside.

The sandbox was beautiful. It was big, with a lot of sand and even some sand moulds. It was placed under a big chestnut. "Wow", Jason said. "This is a great tree for climbing."

"But now we'll bake a cake. You can climb later."

A chestnut fell on Jason's shoulder. "Ouch", he cried and I giggled. Another one fell in front of my feet.

"Oh, it's a very pretty chestnut, look Jason." I held it out to him.

"Yes, really pretty.", he said unimpressed.

"Her name is Lizzy", I announced.

"Did you just name the chestnut?"

I was about to explain to him my love for Lizzy when a big chestnut fell on my head. "Ouch, that hurt, Jason. A big chestnut fell on my head." I started crying. Jason looked up to the tree while I cried as if he didn't care. "Don't you wanna go get mummy?"