Chapter Fifteen

Aquapaw's Point of View

As of now, the sun was setting. The sun's last rays of light shone through the multiple holes between the two mountains holding up, moreover supporting the raging waterfall.

However, I wasn't enjoying the view. My stomach was roaring, and I mean ROARING.

To me it was louder than the waterfall, and I was getting sick of it. I was very hungry, so hungry, that it was fox dung. I couldn't see anything around me that cats would consider as fresh kill.

Leafkit had insisted on staying away from me, because she stated she would be much better at battling when she was older. That tortoiseshell she cat was sassy as ever, and she only ever seemed to get sassier.

I was walking around when I came across some trees that carried some delicious looking red berries. I knew what deathberries looked like, and these did not look like them. I clawed my way up one of the trunks.

Clawhold by clawhold, I made it up to the leaves. I picked off about fifteen berries and nested them in my mouth. I carefully climbed down and set down all the berries I had gathered.

I started to gobble five of the red berries up at once. Turns out they were DELICIOUS!

After eating five, I was content and full.

I turned around to see Leafkit gaze hungrily at the ten berries I had left.
Actually, she didn't show that she was hungry, but I knew she was because of the look in her eyes. That jealousy.

So, I decided to offer some berries to her.

"Uh... How do you say this? Uhhhh... Well, do you want some berries since I know you're hungry and you want them...?"

Leafkit turned her head,

"I don't need berries from you, I'm not even hungry!" She yelled arrogantly,

After the tortoiseshell she cat meowed that, her stomach made the sound of a dying horse in the horseplace.

"Errr, you didn't hear that!" She meowed and ran behind a big wall of bushes.

I sighed and carried five berries to the front of the wall.

I was getting pretty tired, and the sun was going down progressively faster.

Luckily there was pretty much everything a cat needed to survive here, and among that bunch of things was a few big bushes and trees full of moss growing.

I neatly slashed a few bundles off like my mentor, Bumblestripe, had told me when I was back in ThunderClan. I compacted all the bundles of moss and shaped it into bedding with my paws and claws.

I set down my head to sleep.

Before I had fallen into the deep depths, I heard the waterfall get louder, and a few icy drops of water splashed on my pelt.

Then, my drowsy eyes closed for the night.