Chapter 7: The Past

WARNING THIS CHAPER INCLUDES VERY SENSITIVE MATERIAL SUCH AS SUICIDE AND SELF HARM . IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE OR SENSITIVE ABOUT ANY OF THE THINGS I HAD MENTIONED PLEASE SKIP THIS CHAPTER. I WILL HAVE A SHORT SUMMARY OF THIS CHAPTER IN THE NEXT ONE.

...
"Alice... what do you mean? You said that we'll get out of here, and we'll become the people we want to be. Don't leave please. Don-ALICE! ALI-"

"Shhhh. Forget about her. Go to sleep, and forget this ever happened. #192."

Yui POV

I woke up gasping for air. My eyes filled with tears, remember the horrible days I had spent trapped. Trapped in a somewhat hospital facility, meant for experimenting on humans. Specifically...children. Children left by their parents in alleyways. The forgotten. The abused. The...useless. I was a fool to go with the man. Thinking he would make my life happy again.

*12 years ago*

"Are you alone child." He asked me, and I nodded, "Well come with me. I'll take care of you."

Not questioning anything, I went. I wanted to go have a family again. One without pain, but I shouldn't have gone with him. I should have run.

"Here's your new home! There are many other children here as well, so go play with them. I'll have food ready for everyone soon.", he said.

Seeing the other children 20, all around my age. One girl stood out particularly. Long brown hair, striking dark blue eyes, and wore a frown on her face. She would soon become the only reason I lived.

I sat down next to her, staying silent. All the other kids had been trying to ask me question about myself, or just stared, but once I had reached the girl or they noticed the direction o was heading, they stopped talking and walked away.

"What do you want.", she asked in a harsh, but quiet tone.

"Nothing. I just wanted a quite place to sit.", I replied.

"Right.", she scoffed.

After that last remark we sat in silence until the man had called everyone for dinner.

---Dinner---

"As everyone may know we had a new addition to our family. Please come and introduce yourself, and we will say our names back to you.", the man had said.

I stood up, shyly.

"I-I'm Y-Yui. N-nice to meet y-you."

"Lovely to meet you Yui, Im Dr.Yama, now starting from you...", he says pointing at the girl was siting next to earlier. She stood with perfect posture and a nice voice unlike the one she had used earlier she stated her name.

"My names Alice."

She gave off the most fake, but the brightest smile to Yui. And everything went silent to Yui after hearing her name.

*10 years later*

Living with all the other children, Yui quickly learned that the man who had picked her off the streets was a sadistic, scientistic, psychopathic monster. He did all sorts of human experiments, which usually were painful and left Yui with nightmares for the rest of her life.

The one shining light though was Alice. After that dinner Yui had become close with Alice learning that Alice and her had many common interests and were in similar situations with their dads both being psychotic. Alice's dad murdered her mother and threatened Alice her would do the same to her if she disobeyed or told anyone. Tired of living in fear she ran away, at the age of 7, living in the streets like Yui until Dr.Yama had picked her up.

Yui learned that Alice was 2 years older than her and was very skilled in singing and dance. So Alice taught Yui how to do both. They were happy together and were the best of friends, until Alice was tired of living like a hamster in a trapped cage.

Alice started to find what ever sharp thing should find and slit her wrist to take away from the pain in her brain. And finally one night she decided to end it all. End all the suffering of being cut open by a sadistic man, poking at her organs, making her take medicines that would almost kill her. She decided to jump off the building where the Dr.Yama kept them. The building was 5 stories high, and since her body is so weak she'll easily die from impact.

Alice snuck out that one night to go to the top of the building. Walking over to the edge, she looked down. About to take one step off the ledge she her someone say,"STOP." Turning around she saw Yui, with tears in her eyes.

"Yui. I-I'm sorry. There's no light in this life anymore. I'm done with the suffering. Please. Let me die.", Alice spoke with tears steaming down her face.

"Alice... what do you mean? You said that we'll get out of here, and we'll become the people we want to be. Don't leave please. Don-ALICE! ALI-"

And Alice jumped. When Yui tried to run and catch her hand, she was pulled back...by him. Her covered her eyes and said, "Shhhh. Forget about her. Go to sleep, and forget this ever happened. #192." Reminding her she's just a number. A rat being used in a lab.

After that day, Yui only had one purpose. To destroy the man who made them feel so much pain. And she did. 2 years after Alice's death she burnt the place down. And she hoped that Dr. Yama burned in hell.