Chapter 6: Everyone Else

They introduced her to many people, Kisaragi Momo(5), who she'd seen on posters, her brother Shintaro(7) who was awkward and strange, Ene(6) who's a jokester like Kano, and Hibiya(8) an angsty 13 year old. They were all really nice, but she wondered, who was #9?? Why hadn't Yui met them yet? So Yui decided to ask about him, but she was so over whelmed with all these people she didn't known how to communicate with them.

"So Yui-chan~~~ how old are you?", Momo asked her

"Umm, 18...I think.", Yui said unsure.

"You think?!?", Momo said surprised.

"Y-yeah. When I was about 5 years old I r-ran away from home.", Yui said as quietly as she could.

"REALLY? AREN'T YOU PARENTS LOOKING FOR YOU?!?", Momo shouted.

"Momo!! Don't be rude to ask her a question like. Can't you see she's already uncomfortable with all us smothering her?!?", Shintaro said.

"O-oh. I'm so sorry Yui-chan. I didn't mean to offend you or make you feel uncomfortable.", Momo said apologizing.

"N-no, its fine, is there any chance that I could go back to my hide out? I want to be there before it gets dark.", Yui said.

"No need. We prepared a room for you here. Since Kano firmly believed that you'd come back with us.", Kido said. "Here I'll show you where it is so you can go get some rest. You can probably borrow some of Marry's clothes, well go get some for you tomorrow."

"Yo-you didn't have to do all this. Not for someone like me. I don't deserve any of this!", Yui said, her eyes almost brimming with tears.

It was the first kind thing anyone had done for her in about 13 years. Why were they being so nice to her? Why, she thought.

"Why, why, why, why, why?!?"

Kido lead Yui to her new room, and opened it up, there was a bathroom right down the hall from it, and in the room was a bed, a desk and a closet. The room had a dull grey color, but to Yui it was beautiful. It was the first room she had seen in a long time.

"It's not much, but we hope you feel comfortable." , said Kido.

"Thank you so much. This too kind of you.", Yui said almost crying.

"It's fine. You don't need to start crying. You're one of us now. I'll bring you some clothes to change into. For now you can take a shower. The bathroom should just be down the hall. If you need any help just ask ok?", Kido replied.

"O-okay."

Kido walked away to fine clothes for Yui, and Yui went to the bathroom to wash away all the dirt and grime from several years past.

Figuring out how to use the shower was definitely a challenge since she wasn't familiar with it. After the shower she dried herself off with a towel, and put on the clothes Kido gave her. It was a fluffy blue dress with a white apron. Almost like it was from Cinderella. Walking into the room they had given her she went to the bed, and instantly fell asleep. But this would not be all sweet dreams, for the past 13 years had been dark. Filled with betrayal, and sadness.