II

I watched as the moonlight danced onto my legs as if it were meant to be there. Reaching out, I let it slip between my fingers as if it were silk. A low, artificial howl came from above me. Drawing a smile to my rose colored lips I looked up and began to look for the boy in The Fell.

The Fell was the name of the treehouse Jace had when he was younger. It resided comfortably in the forest, dissapearing in the trees, even more so if you weren't aware of its existence, and most are not. 

Jace on the otherhand, is my best friend. I have known him for 5 years now, and his face is the only thing that gives me a reason to try. 

I could barely see the male through the darkness, but his silhouette was easier to point out the longer I stared up into the trees. As the ladder shot down the side of the stump, I began to climb as if something had been reaching for my legs from down below, wanting to pull me into a great demise. 

A muscly hand shot down, and with that the boy had pulled me up into the treehouse which had been lit carefully with candles. 

Candlelight had lit the boys face up nicely. His dark hair was pulled back tonight, allowing his chiseling features to be easily examined. Light blue eyes, defined jaw line. 

"You need a hair cut.." I ran my fingers playfully through his raven hair, just before he had wrapped his arms around my tiny body, forcing me into a tight embrace. 

"Damnit girl..."

"Damnit boy." My laughter filled the air, and soon did his. "Where have you even been?"

"Ouuut and about." He broke the hug, pulling a cigarette and a black lighter from his pocket, fiddling it between his fingers before lighting it and taking a long drag.

I was more than aware of what this meant. All this boy did was move from place to place, he could never stay put. And he always left without a goodbye. 'It ain't a goodbye if I'm barely leaving.' were his famous words. They made no sense to me. 

I sat cross legged on the plank floor, watching as the boy blew smoke rings from his nose. Disgust overcame my face. 

"I'll put it out if ya want." He blew smoke over to my direction, a smirk on his thin lips. 

I kicked him, only to be pulled over beside him. 

Suddenly, my eyelids grew heavy and I fell fast asleep leaning against his shoulder.

I hadn't wanted to be anywhere else.