the ditcher

Everyone knew that Vince had been missing from the daily poker and tea gatherings for several weeks now. But they didn't know why.

"So this bitch Vince been playing Overwatch...ditcher ass" Sean says, sipping his pumpkin spice latte.

"Did he say why he ditched us?", Jon asked curiously.

"naaa," Sean replied, hooked on his pumpkin spice latte.

"Vince is a ditcher, and I think we should go forward with our lives without him." Julie suggested.

"But we all looked up to him-" Justin replied.

"Shut up Justin", Moon yells, trying to dial Vince on his phone. 

"Are you out of your head? Are you out of your mind?" Jon asked to Moon. "He won't pick up, cause he's a ditcher, as they say."

"It's worth trying, and it's not like you're not doing anything to make it better" Moon snapped with a hint of sass.  That silenced Jon for the next four and a half minutes.

But Vince did not pick up. Thirty seconds later, Moon received a text saying "Im in game, sorry" He showed it to them.

"Vince DITCHER", Julie muttered.

That day, Justin decided that he had been absolutely nothing to help the situation but be a bystander to all this bullshit, so he hit up his friend Chris.

"Hey Chris", Justin greeted. 

"I heard Vince became a ditcher ass? This mf got screwed after Monika"

"Oh her? I can't believe Vince tried to get pics from her on Day 2." Chris said, giggling along.

"I don't think it's Monika, he's been playing a lot of Overwatch lately."

"Wow, he is a ditcher. Hold up, I'm going to check out this hot girl on Instagram."

And Chris hung up. 

Later that day, Julie sipped her ice water as the group had sat in their seats, enjoying yet another game of poker.

"If we can say goodbye to Vince, let's say goodbye to Jeff too", Julie happily suggested.

"Well, we can use Jeff for information, but he might not be cooperative", Jon said.

"Don't really like Jeff," Sean began. "He's probably busy selling overpriced shit at his dead store anyways."

After Sean's comment, no one spoke. All you really could hear was just cards being flipped and chips moving around. It was a dead conversation, as they say.