Fourth Man in the Fire - Pt. 2

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT NOR HAVE I EVER OWNED THE TRUE BLOOD SERIES OR CHARACTER. I ONLY OWN SOLAN AND MY OWN IDEAS. ANY SIMILARITIES ARE BECAUSE THIS IS FANFICTION AND ORIGINATED FROM THE SHOW.

Hi friends....so life got very, extremely busy and I lost a lot of my desire to finish this....but I'm back. Sorry for the wait! This probably sucks, but I'm going to post it anyway. Feel free to leave constructive criticism (PLEASE point out typos or plot hole, I want to at least seem like I know how to write coherently)! Enjoy!

I entered Merlotte's for the second time that day. The cool night air blew through the back door before I closed it. Walking towards Sam's office, I heard the chatter coming from the bar. I knocked on Sam's door, pushing it open when I heard him say 'come in'.

"Hey Solan, thanks again for coming in. The football game at the high school is getting out soon, and I was gonna be up a creek."

I stowed my bag on one of the shelves, before turning to face him. "I was wondering about that, why didn't you schedule Sookie or Arlene if you knew there was a game tonight."

"I didn't, know that is." Sam rubbed the back of his neck "The game was rescheduled cuz of the weather. I'd already made the schedules for the month, and Sookie and Arlene had plans in place by the time I found out."

"How's the paperwork going?"

"Long and tedious. I don't think I'll be able to make it out onto the floor tonight."

"Well I'm here and ready to work. Do you want me behind the bar or serving?"

"Start out serving. Tara's here already and she's behind the bar. Once people come from the game, the drink orders will start picking up. Just jump in if Tara needs a hand when they all come in so she doesn't get swamped." He signed a form on his desk. "Amy's coming in as well for a bit, so she can help you on the floor."

"Alright, well I'm going to go see Tara before we get too busy. Thanks again for the job Sam." I grinned at him.

"Anything for a sister of Sookie's." He smiled back. A wave of longing for Sookie emanated from him, and I kept my expression clear, not wanting him to know I'd heard anything. I turned on my heel and left the office, heading straight for the woman behind the bar.

"So are you going to pour me a shot or am I going to have to do it myself?"

"Excuse me? You can stick that shot up-" She whirled around, fire in her dark eyes. I grinned at her as her eyes widened. "Sookie? What on earth-"

"Close. Though you know as well as I do Sookie would never take a shot on the job."

"Solan? Shit, I ain't seen you in years." The fire went out, and she came out from behind the bar and threw her arms around my neck. I hugged her back.

Sookie, Tara, and I had grown up as close as triplets. Since Tara's mama was drunk and her daddy was long gone, she'd spent more time in our house than out growing up.

Tara pulled back before slugging me in the arm. I yelped, rubbing the sore spot. "What the hell were you thinking taking off without any way to contact you. Sookie took years to get back to normal."

"I know, I know. I already got the lecture from Sookie."

She went back behind the bar and poured two shots. She pushed one shot glass of amber liquor over to me and we clinked glasses before downing the alcohol. It burned as it went down my throat, but left a pleasant warmth in my stomach. My face twisted as the taste hit me.