I Missed You

Summary: Phil went away on holidays with his family leaving Dan, his loving boyfriend, on his own. Dan tells Phil he can't meet him at the airport but does so and has a surprise for him as he missed him so much.

Genre: FLUFFFFFFFF☺️

Dan's POV:

Phil was coming back home today. Finally after 10 long days, I would finally have him home. I had informed him I couldn't meet him at the airport as I had spent all my money and wasn't getting payed until Sunday. He believed me and didn't ask twice as to what I'd spent my money on. That adorable idiot.

It was half true though. I had spent like all of my money but, with some advice from my friends, I got exactly what I needed to get. The other bit was the lie though. I was going to meet Phil at the airport. That was only part of the surprise though. I really hope this goes well.

I checked the time and then rang a taxi. Phil's plane should be landing in half an hour, enough time to prepare. I hope.

*timey wimey skipey thing*

I arrived at the airport and received a text for Phil saying they've landed. I'm shaking at this point but I have to keep going. I walk in the doors and try not power walk to the collection point. My heart is racing.

Phil will be here any minute. I fiddle with the box in my back pocket, all the doubts and fears running through my head. What if he saids no? What if some phan girls see us? I was freaking out.

I saw him before he saw me. He walked trough those clear doors and my heart ached. I had missed him so much. He was awkwardly trying to walk with his case while putting his passport away. God, he's so adorable. He began to walk towards the door and I realised he hadn't seen me yet.

I walked towards him as he stopped to finally put his passport in his bag. I stood in front of him as he had his head down.

"Need a hand with that?"

He looked up and blue met brown again.

His whole face lit up. He didn't even speak, he just jumped and hugged me. He held me for a while, not that I was complaining. I got a whiff of his familiar scent and it made me want to cry with how much I had missed him.

He pulled away and kissed me. Just a peck. But I loved it. He had a few tears in his eyes. God, the cutie. A few people had begun to stop and stare. This was it then. Now or never.

"Dan... What are you doing here?" Phil asked, looking so shocked.

"See, I have this surprise for you." I replied.

"Oh wh-" Phil cut off as I got down on one knee.

He mouth made an O shape. I took both of his hands. Now or never Dan.

"Phillip Michael Lester, for the first 18 years of my life I didn't have a best friend and then I met you. You were my inspiration. You have changed my life. Whenever I get down, you're right there to pick me up. I know this is so cliché, proposing at the airport but I can't stand to be without you. Whenever you go, I want people to know you're mine. I guess it's my jealousy and my love for you. I really do love you Phil. When we first kissed on the Manchester Eye, my heart felt complete, like this was what was missing. So, Phil. My amazing Phil. Will you marry me?"

I looked up at him, he had pulled one of his hands free and held it over his mouth. A crowd had formed around us. Phil was crying so hard. He began nodding his head.

"Yes, yes. Oh my yes!" He said and then jumped at me, knocking me to the ground.

The people around starting clapping and cheering. Some were crying. Phil and I kissed and it was full of all our love. Phil pulled away.

"I missed you, Dan Lester."

"No, Phil Howell sounds better."

"Oh shut up!" And he kissed me again.

And again.

And again.

A/N: HELL YES I FINALLY FINISHED IT!!!!!

NOW TO PLAN THE NEXT ONE AND WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER TO THE EYES I NEVER SAW!!!

CAPS YEAHHHH!!!

(Thank you all so muchhhhh ily 😘😘😘)

~Emjay out🙈