Chapter 5: Feelings

Sleep.

What is sleep?

You don't know sleep.

Sleep is nowhere near you right now. You barely even got any rest last night. The moment in which Jimin had kissed your cheek kept replaying in your mind, and the fluttering feeling in your stomach had no intention of going away. And, this had kept you up 90% of the time.

"You sure you want to go to school today?" Your Mum asked for the hundredth time.

She was skeptical about you going because she didn't want you injuring yourself more than you already had. Even though you told her that it didn't ache anymore, she was still not convinced.

It took a lot of explanations to get her to come around to allowing you to go to school.

"Yes, Mum. I'm sure about going to school today, besides it's Friday. I have the next two days to rest, completely. I promise," you say, stepping outside of your house.

That is when your eyes land on his figure. He had his back turned to you, but you knew it was him.

The familiar black hair which glistened in the sun. At the sound of your footsteps, he turns around, and your breath hitches in your throat.

The rising sun behind him had created a halo effect around him, making him seem so angelic, so ethereal. It was hard for you to believe that he was really there.

"Hi, Mrs. Kim," he addressed your Mum who was standing behind you, at the door, "You don't have to worry about your daughter. I'll take her to school today."

You could hear your Mum slightly squealing behind you as she ushered you to him. You mentally groan, resisting the urge to roll your eyes at your Mum's actions.

"Thank you, dear. I'm glad my daughter will be safe in the hands of a strapping young man like yourself," your Mum beams and you flash her a look of betrayal.

Jimin then averts his gaze towards you, his lips curving upward in to a smile as he offered you his hand, "Ready for school, princess?"

. . .

You didn't ask for this.

Never would you have thought Park Jimin would show up at your doorstep in the early hours of Friday, to assist you in going to school.

He currently had his fingers grasped on your hip, holding you close with the excuse of making sure you wouldn't fall.

"How did you know I would go to school today?" You question, genuinely curious as to how he had that kind of information.

"You seem like that kind of person who's totally dedicated to school. Perfect grades, perfect student," he steals a glance at you, "Am I wrong?"

You slowly shake your head, mumbling in a low voice, "No."

He chuckles, openly staring at you now.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asks.

"You just did," you retort, earning a hearty laugh from him.

"I mean, seriously though."

"What?"

"Have you ever been in a relationship?"

You were caught off guard by his sudden inquiry. Your eyes widened, gawking at him, "What?"

"It's a serious question," he exclaims, waiting for your answer.

"Why would you ask that all of a sudden?" You ask in turn.

"Oh, uhm, I don't know," he pretends to think, "Maybe because you always seem to blushing by the simplest actions, such as holding your hand, or merely holding you up by your waist. I could go on."