Chapter Five

Jessa's POV

I had come to like Matthew and his Beta,  Jonathan. His wife, Brittney, was heavily pregnant with twin pups so I was spending a lot of time with her. But my best friend was Christian. He is is Jonathan's friend. He is so funny. Sometimes he would act weird when other guys were around him, but it didn't matter to me. We would spend lots of time together when Matthew would have Alpha duties.

I don't know why I stayed. Matthew told me it was the werewolf side of me that was drawing me to my mate. The mate bond. Matthew told me he would never touch me because he knew it would make me a little on edge. He respected me and it made me feel good to know that someone actually cared for me.

Right now I was watching a movie called 'Tangled'. He was laughing his head off when Rapunzel hit the black haired guy with the frying pan. After the movie ended, Christian and I stretched and shrugged off the popcorn on our laps. He turned to me and smiled.

"So have you kissed Matt yet?" He smirked.

"Uh...no." I blushed.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Now stop it!" Blushing deeper.

"Aw, come on. That's what mates do."

"What do you mean?"

"You don't know about the mating process?" He asked surprised.

"No..."  My mom had taught me a few things before she died, but I got so many hits on the head I kinda forgot what she said.

"Well," he seemed to ponder over this a minute. "When mates find each other and feel the bond between them, they will want to, mark. It's basically a thing, well, one mate will bite the neck of the other to show that she belongs to him."

My eyes widened.

"It doesn't hurt, it feels really good." He reassured.

"Do you... have a mate?" I asked.

"No, not yet. I don't think I have one." He looked down at his hands sadly.

"I'm sure you will find her, don't worry." I said kindly.

"Oh, I'm not, um... never mind."

"So that's how you mate then?" I asked.

"Well...no... after you mark, that's when you mate."

"Oh."

"Um... mates will kiss, er, grind and all that stuff as kind as love play." He shifted in the couch uncomfortably. "And... Hey why don't we have some ice cream?" He said changing the subject completely.

"Uh...sure."

After our ice cream, Matthew came home.

"Hello angel, how was your day?" He asked.

"Good." I slurred, my tongue still cold from the ice cream. He chuckled. He walked into his room and I followed.