- 17

The peaceful morning sun slowly crept into the living room of Alex's penthouse, where she had fallen asleep on the couch, but a sudden loud bang caused her to fall off the sofa.

"ALEX!" Kol yells, Alex lets out a groan. "I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!" Alex pushed herself off the floor and made her way to the door, she pulls it open and glares at Kol.

"What the hell do you want?" Alex asks.

"Got out of bed with wrong foot?" Kol asks, Alex rolls her eyes.

"No, I was peacefully asleep on the couch, until you rudely awoke me, now what do you want?" Alex asks, frustration clear in her voice.

"Well, I apologize deeply for disturbing your sleep, but my sister, Freya, has gone missing," Kol says. "Lucien took her and Vincent, we have no idea where they are."

"Let me guess, you guys didn't destroy the bullet?" Alex asks.

"No!" Kol says. "Trust me, I begged them, but Elijah and Freya decided to keep it for Finn's sake."

"They should have fucking destroyed it." Alex sighs. "Where is Elijah?"

"He and Finn left early this morning for Mystic Falls, Davina managed to track Lucien's moves to Mystic Falls, but she couldn't find the exact pinpoint," Kol says.

"Just perfect," Alex mutters. "The last place on earth that I don't want to be."

•••

Alex appears behind Matt Donovan dressed in a police uniform pointing a gun at Elijah and Finn.

"I told you to destroy the bullet," Alex says, Matt turns around and points the gun at her.

"Alex?" Matt asks, confusion clear on his face.

"Of course you remember me." Alex sighs. "I mean, why would you forget the town's alcoholic and drug addict?" She eyes him up and down. "I see you upgraded from bartender to officer."

"You're one of them," Matt states, Alex looks past him at Elijah and Finn before looking back at Matt.

"Absolutely not," Alex says. "But I'm currently debating if I'm going to rip them to pieces for not listening." She glared at Finn and Elijah.

"You're a vampire," Matt states, Alex lets out snicker.

"Oh, no, no," Alex says, a faint smile on her lips. "No, I don't consume blood." Matt glares at her but, she ignores him as she turns her attention to Elijah and Finn, Finn groans out in pain before dropping to his knees closing his eyes, he takes in a couple of deep breaths before opening his eyes.

"I know where they are," Finn says. "We must go."

"I'm coming along," Matt says. "This is my town."

"Yeah sure, come along human, slow us down, make us worry about you as well," Alex says, her voice sending a chill up Matt's spine. "Come on boys, We need to go do what should have been done last night."

•••

"Lucien!" Elijah calls out, Lucien turns around pulling Freya into a headlock, he looks at Elijah as Matt aims his weapon at Lucien.

"Oh, just in time for the party, lads," Lucien says, he holds up a bottle with blood and venom inside and pops to the top off with his thumb. "Cheers." He drinks the mixture and let's out a sigh of satisfaction. "Let the fun begin, can either of you get to me faster than I can rip your darling sister's head off?" He challenged the two brothers, Elijah and Finn glances at each other. "Didn't think so."