analise: the conclusion, part ii

Unknown: wrong.

Analise's blood ran cold. How could she have gotten the question wrong? Her whole life depended on that one question and now....now she would die. Analise looked around the living room. Everything was covered with a plain white sheet, except the couch on which she was sitting. She had to get out. The house was completely silent. Was Unknown even there? She didn't want to find out.

She slowly stood up, her phone clutched in her hand. "Hello?" she croaked.

Silence. Utter silence. Analise ran for the door, colliding with the dusty wood as she rattled the knob. It was locked. How could it be locked? It wasn't locked when she came in. In fact, the door had been wide open. Analise froze. Unknown was here, and they were going to get her. It was then that she heard the distinct sound of footsteps on the carpet.

With each breath she took, they were getting closer. She had about a minute until she was dead. She grabbed for the nearest lamp, raising it in front of her like a weapon. The footsteps were closer now. Analise took a single step away from the door.

As a dark figure rounded a corner, Analise used her next breath on a scream.

a/n: ahhh!!!! part two is over and part three is coming!!!! so i planned to release a new mystery/thriller book as soon as this part was over, and it is so. look out for that! who knows what happened to Analise? Maybe she'll make an appearance in the next part...😈