Chapter 2 He's back.....

Chapter 2: He's Back.....

~~~~~~~~

Kate's pov

I couldn't move any part of my body as I regained consciousness.

I could hear and feel everything correctly, just couldn't open my eyes.

I remembered witch boy being there and summoned a portal, but then I blacked out and have slightly woken to be in this state.

I felt a needle get poked into my arm, which hurt, but my body was useless as I drifted back into unconsciousness.

3rd person pov

Illuminati gathered back at the base with Nightwing and the other team leaders being there which were Aqualad and Red Robin since the leadership had transferred to Tim, Batman had sent Henry Nigma to represent the Bat Family since he'd have the best bet of helping the situation.

"What do you three mean by she was taken down by a boy in the shadows?" asked Aqualad.

Red X was more concerned now since he'd just gotten back from school since no one called him about what happened, "Shouldn't Sunshine be out here with us?"

Everyone looked down at their feet as Element Girl started crying again, Red X realized what had happened.

"Did she..."

"She's still alive as far as we know Jay, she was kidnapped during the battle against Two-Face."

Jay was ghostly pale as his fists clenched and started shaking from the effort not to destroy something, or someone.

"Who was fighting alongside her?"

"Jay, she was separated from-"

"WHO THE HELL WAS FIGHTING ALONGSIDE HER?!"

All of them glanced at Nightwing who was staring at his feet, the shock was written across his face as the second Robin grabbed his collar and punched him several times before anyone could react.

"HOW COULD YOU LET HER GET KIDNAPPED, DICK?! I THOUGHT YOU CARED ABOUT HER AS MUCH AS I DO! HOW COULD YOU LET HER GET KIDNAPPED BY THE MAN WHO KILLED MY FATHER?!"

Everyone rushed to get him off of Nightwing, who hadn't tried to defend himself from his angry brother, and helped him to his feet as he wiped some blood from his lip.

"Jay, I would rather it was me than her that got taken, she saved my neck multiple times the few minutes before she got grabbed, all of us were powerless to save her, please believe me."

"Fat chance, Dick-head."

Ann quickly grew tired of their bickering, so much so that she finally yelled over the two boys, "JUST SHUT UP ALREADY, BOTH OF YOU!"

Everyone turned towards her in shock, her hair a complete mess with a slight bit of fire from the tips, puffy red eyes, and trembling from a mix of fear sorrow and anger.

"We can assign blame later, I want to find my sister!"

The two bickering boys looked at the ground in shame, they shouldn't have been arguing since they were wasting time that could've been used to find their lost comrade.

Tim spoke up and asked, "Did you get a good description of one of the new villains? I might be able to narrow down the search on Earth if I can get what at least one of them look like."

Element Girl had already made a copy of what the woman looks like for each of them, Tim nodded and sat down in Kate's usual seat, typing quickly into a computer program that Illuminati was unfamiliar with.

They all watched over his shoulder as the globe started to zoom in on the United States when the power flickered for half a minute, Ann running over to the necklace that held the lightning powers to see that it had changed color slightly.

She touched it and the color returned to normal and the power came back on, she turned around to see the shocked faces of the people gathered around her.

"My friend, is that Ray's power necklace in the power generator?"

Ann gulped and turned back around, slowly closing the door to the small chamber it was located in.

"She thought if she wasn't using them, they might as well be doing something useful."

All of the young adults stared at her, except for Henry, who was now doing the work Tim had said he would do.

"I found something guys!"

Everyone turned towards him and saw a little exclamation mark in the top left in the same font as Riddler's question mark, his hacking name being Exclamator.

"Really, that's the name we have to go off on!?!!" Element Girl screams.