two

A D D - Y E L L

I had never expected something so absurdly devestating to happen to me and my only best friend.

"We're almost there," the police officer informed us abruptly, breaking the uncomfortable silence in the car. He seemed to be going at a speed that seemed to be a bit over the limit. "It seems your parents on hanging onto dear life, Granny-Yell."

I looked over to my grotestque friend, Granny-Yell, who seemed to be in utter tears. Her eyes were bloodshot (as were mine, most likely) and she looked like a complete wreck. Without a word, she nodded to the police officer without a sassy retork like my friend would do in a regular state of mind. Her eyes were focused onto the slow traffic outside of the vehicle.

"My parents are... dead," I quietly spoke up, suddenly realizing the intensity of this whole situation. The girl on the other side of me looked back, seemingly a bit guilty she had been mourning when her parents were alive, at the very least. "Claw-Debt. Bree-Yawn. I'll never see them again," my voice cracked, and I broke down into another meltdown.

"It's okay," Granny-Yell tried to soothe me, laying a sweaty hand onto my shoulder. She stammered a half-hearted response, trying to convince not only me— but herself. "We're going to get through this. Jenna-Pher and Swan-Pull will survive, and you'll stay at my place. It'll all be fine."

Once I nodded and wiped some of my tears off with my sleeve, the police car came to a halt into the hospital's busy parking lot. "Let's go," the officer said, removing his car keys. "We don't have all day, girls."

Granny-Yell and I shakily removed our seatbelts and followed directly behind the tall authorized man in front of us, both of us feeling beyond nervous as to what will happen. It could only go extremely downhill or slightly better. Once the doors open and we're soon talking with the receptionist, she tells us that Swan-Pull had died in surgery. After a few sharp inhales, we both let out a sigh of pure relief at the mention that Jenna-Pher was still alive.

Not caring that the lady wasn't finished speaking, Granny-Yell raced to the elevator doors and chose the correct floor, leaving behind the police officer. We both sprint once the doors open up once more, naming off the numbers until we got to the room we needed.
We got to the front and knocked a few times, creaking the door open to see a severely bruised and almost dead-seeming Jenna-Pher, laying in her hospital bed. She looked near the point of unconscious, but still was.

"Momio!" Granny-Yell screeches out, running towards her mother and sobbing out her name multiple times. They both start sobbing and hugging eachother, slightly rocking back and forth.

"Are you going to make it? Are you gonna survive?" Granny-Yell asked, looking absolutely defeated.

"There's a large chance that I won't, Granny," Jenna-Pher said, grabbing my dear friend by the shoulders. "There's somewhere I need you to go. You can't stay here no longer, Granny. This place is rotten."

"Where do you want me to go, Momio?" Granny-Yell sobbed out, holding her mother's hands.

"Get to New York City. Find the address on this piece of paper," she hands my friend a folded note, and presses it onto her palm. "It's an apartment complex owned by your grandmother. She'll be expecting you. Do you understand me, Granny-Yell? This is my dying wish from you and Add-Yell."

"Yes, Momio," Granny-Yell cries, "I'll do it. Anything for you."

"Make me proud, Granny," Jenna-Pher said weakly, squeezing her hands a bit tighter, bur with great difficulty. "I love you."

"No, Momio!" Granny-Yell yelled, her own mother going limp in her hands, the line on the heart monitor going completely flat. In two seconds, we're roughly escorted out by a few doctors and nurses.

We both sink down on the floor, tears flooding back up at the scene that had just arised. Jenna-Pher was gone, Swan-Pull passed away in surgery and my own two parents had died on the scene of this murder. And, all we had left was this note directing us to go to New York City. Not a bad choice, but in this moment, I could've cared less about anything going on in my life.

"She's gone," Granny-Yell tugged at her hair, sobs escaping her mouth. "They're all gone. What are we going to do, Add-Yell? I don't--"

We hear a few footsteps in the distance, and we soon see the jogging figure of the same dumb police officer coming down the hallway we were in. He slows down once he reached our two crying figures, us not even daring to look him in the eye. "I'm sorry about your losses," he said sympathetically, letting out a sigh. "I'll give CPS a call. They'll be here soon, probably... Do you two want to stay here or come downstairs?"

"Stay here," I croaked out, clutching desperately onto my knees.

"Alright," he turns around, giving us a final look of pity. "My apologies."

"We can't stay here, Add-Yell," Granny exclaimed, after us having a few more minutes of mourning. "If I do one thing in my useless life, it's going to be fulfilling my mother's wishes. And if that be go down to New York, then so be it."

"We're really..." I looked over to her in disbelief; yet not in disinterest. Being sure that she really wanted to go through with this plan was vital. "Going to New York?"

"Yeah." Granny decided right then and there, standing herself up tentaviley. "You in, Add-Yell?"

After a moment of contemplation, I take in a deep breath. My parents just died, my best friend's parents just died and now Granny-Yell's dying mother's last wish was for us to stay in New York with Granny's grandmother. Even though I had no idea how this entire situation would even begin to play out, I nodded confidently.

"I'm in."

////

took me a goddamn long time to write my chapter soz danielle who has to put up w me and my procrastination