Love at first real sight

Castiel never saw people.

Now, hear this out.

All Castiel could see was a human's soul. Never a human's face.

-

When Castiel became human and lost his grace he saw humans as they really were.

There. A girl with grey eyes and black hair.

A boy with wavy long hair.

He saw all these faces he never saw before.

They were nice to look at, but Cas couldn't help but wonder, what did other certain humans looked like?

But Cas didn't know if he would ever see them ever again, so he didn't get his hopes up.

-

It was your usual day and Gas-N-Sip, Cas was helping out around the store like always. He rang people up at the register, he cleaned the bathroom, he mopped the floor, and he restocked.

Right at this moment Cas was ringing people up. Plenty came through and it was just like every other day.

Castiel rang up his items, handed him his receipt and closed the register. He looked up and his breath caught.

There he was, in all his Dean Winchester glory. He was smiling, and Cas could see it, he didn't just sense his emotion. Cas studied everything his could get his eyes on. His hair, his eyes, his cheeks, his clothes, his freckles, his lips...

He memorised it all quickly. His hair was a dirty blonde, it was a bit wild. His eyes were green and had specks of yellow, they had crinkles around them, but not many. His cheeks were pink with warmth, he dressed similarly to a lumberjack, but that was Dean. Everything was just so, Dean. He had freckles all over his face. His lips were... nice...

"Dean."

"Hey, Cas."

-

You're welcome